News:

• April 25, 2024, 08:28:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 4 Stroke Engines  (Read 554 times)

Offline David Ruff

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
4 Stroke Engines
« on: January 25, 2018, 08:22:02 AM »
Is anyone using 4 stroke engines for stunt and CL?  I see Brodak sells the Saitos. 
They seem big and heavy, of course.  But they are easier to obtain.
Retired Army

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
Re: 4 Stroke Engines
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 09:53:49 AM »
Drop down a few topics to the engines part of this forum...whole section on 4 strokes.... short answer is yes
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 4 Stroke Engines
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 05:09:39 PM »
  Four strokes have been in use for quite a while. Like just about any other power plant, you have guys that love them and guys that wonder why anyone messes with them. They do operate entirely different from two strokes, and make a different kind of power. When they are set up correctly, they make a very interesting and consistent type of power. They run a lot quieter that even two strokes on a pipe. Like Fred suggests, fins the four stroke forum and spend a couple of days reading! Lots of good, useful info there that can greatly flatten out your learning curve. I have a Top Flite Score with a Saito .56 in the nose and it was quite an experience going from the first flights to almost a year and a half of learning to master the type of run I thought I wanted, and finally got there after setting my model and engine up like Bob Reeves of the Tulsa Gluedobbers came up with. I like it a lot, but haven't sold off my other engines just yet!  4 strokes are all about fuel draw, hot plugs and getting propped correctly to match the speed you want to run your engines at. Paul Walker won the NATS one year with a nice Mustang with a Saito in the nose I believe.
  Good luck and have fun,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here