Engine basics > Engine set up tips

25LA prop

(1/8) > >>

John Skukalek:
I have a Skyray with a 25LA and 9-4 prop that I would like to slow down for stunt flying. Is trying a 9-3 prop likely to slow it down and still run well?

Dan McEntee:
  What are your current lap times, and line length? Are you taching the engine each flight to know what your ground RPM for take off is?  If the engine is happy, you can play with line length a bit.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Colin McRae:
I would just try the 9-3 and keep the rpm up on the 25 LA. Adjust to peak rpm (lean) and then open the needle maybe 20-30 deg. You will notice the rpm decrease a little. Just like the OS owner's manual says.

I have a Flite Streak w/ OS 25LA (stock) that I fly on 60' lines. I was originally running an APC 9-4 sport prop and it too was flying fast. The Streak is a very light model. I tried an APC 9-3 (labeled a combat prop by APC) and it flew much better. Slower but still plenty of power. You can always go back to the 9-4 if needed.

The OS 25 LA likes to spin fast for best performance. Probably around 12,500 rpm or so.

I am also currently building a Skyray 35. I too have an OS 25LA planned.

John Skukalek:
I may play with line length also but wondered about less pitch than the 9-4. Thanks

Brett Buck:

--- Quote from: John Skukalek on June 04, 2023, 12:59:49 PM ---I have a Skyray with a 25LA and 9-4 prop that I would like to slow down for stunt flying. Is trying a 9-3 prop likely to slow it down and still run well?

--- End quote ---

How fast is it going? And is the engine entirely stock, including the muffler?

Brett

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version