Vendors Corner > Cox International

More planes for COX

(1/4) > >>

LARRY RICE:
     We currently have 4 control line models for the Cox 290 Sure Start engines, PT-19, EIII Eindecker, Morane-Saulnier Type N, ME 262 Storm Bird. Each of these profile models are designed to be a thrilling sight in combat. Full size plans, complete hardware, Wheels and control handle and lines are all included. Coming soon will be our first Radio Controlled model. This plane will use the Cox 290 engine and a 2 to 3 channel radio. The kit will include a complete hardware package, wheels, full size plans and instructions. The "Miss World's Fair" was designed by two of the worlds greatest designers, Walt Musciano and Howard McEntree. With a 30" wing span and very stable flight characteristics this will make a great beginners kit. Thanks to Cox we can begin to regrow the hobby.
Larry
Black Hawk Models

LARRY RICE:
CONTROL LINE

LARRY RICE:
LAST ONE

Robert McHam:
Larry, that sounds really cool and I think that the Miss World's Fair was the nicest of the four R/C planes in the series. I like the Shoestring next best.
These were originally kitted for single channel escapements and engine sizes from .020 to .024 or a hot .010.
Of course these days hardly anyone flies single channel and the newbies seem to want even more than just R/E.

Scientific also had a 42 " span for 049 and single channel (kit 177) called the Miss America.

Robert

LARRY RICE:
Robert,
     I always liked the Miss America but we were not able to get the plans for it. Later next year we will be adding the Shoestring, Piper Cub and the 185 along with two larger planes.
     With the new mini servos the 2 and 3 channels weigh the same as some of the single channels these planes were designed for and there is plenty of room. The Cox 290 engine will slightly over power these models but not as much as you might think and we are equalizing the weight with thicker tail sections. I talked to Walt about this and he agreed plus so far test have proved promissing.
     The kits will be all laser cut with all the required hardware and full size plans.
Larry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version