News:

• March 29, 2024, 02:53:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: E-Hacker Parts  (Read 1962 times)

Offline phil c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
E-Hacker Parts
« on: February 17, 2019, 08:10:26 PM »
Any more interest in the mount parts to make an electric Li'l Hacker.  I made a few sets before the laser broke.  People seemed to have success with it.  The performance is about the same as with a Black Widow.  1000mah battery gives flights of 3-4min depending on throttle setting.  I used a cheap car radio with good success.  The RX weighs about the same as a speed controller.  Nice for sport flying and training.

The electric mount puts the motor behind the firewall within the fuselage, driven from the stationary backplate, not the magnet can.  Much better protection in a crash.
phil Cartier

Offline Steve Scott

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • Terrorizing earthworms since '65
Re: E-Hacker Parts
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 04:56:44 PM »
Any more interest in the mount parts to make an electric Li'l Hacker.  I made a few sets before the laser broke.  People seemed to have success with it.  The performance is about the same as with a Black Widow.  1000mah battery gives flights of 3-4min depending on throttle setting.  I used a cheap car radio with good success.  The RX weighs about the same as a speed controller.  Nice for sport flying and training.

The electric mount puts the motor behind the firewall within the fuselage, driven from the stationary backplate, not the magnet can.  Much better protection in a crash.

Yeah, I still have the twin Li'l Hacker I bought from you however many years ago you were here in MN.   One was intended for a radial mount 1/2A and the other I was going to try for electric.   I got the electric components from Bob Rule but haven't figured out how to modify the fuse to take the motor.

If you have the plans/parts I'm interested.  I'll also contact you via the web site/email.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here