News:

Advertise Here
  • June 20, 2021, 07:24:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SLC COMING!  (Read 561 times)

Offline phil c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
SLC COMING!
« on: February 10, 2021, 06:56:56 PM »
I've gotten an order in progress.YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!

Keeping my fingers crossed,  On the good news side, if everything works out,  I'll be getting many, many feet of the same film 18in. wide.  It is going to be 100 gauge(0.001in) instead of 75 gauge.  It's a big company, and like all of them,  niche products and helpful services have bit the dust and prices have gone up substantially.
I had several opportunities to order material from China(virtually all the laminating film is sourced that way).  I decided not to because, despite the extra cost,  any mixups with China order(and they happen all the time) getting things back in control takes a lot of time and worry.  The US manufacturer doesn't have similar production snafu possibilities.

Delivery is expected in 6-8weeks.  I'll probably need a week to get handing the wider film down pat.

The slightly heavier film will, of course, be slightly heavier.  In prior testing the heavier gauge is slightly harder to pull around corners using a heat gun.  The iron works better.  It's the exact same material from the same supplier.

Keep our fingers crossed!  Watch this website to keep posted.
phil Cartier

Offline john e. holliday

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: SLC COMING!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 07:24:11 PM »
That sound great. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline phil c

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 09:56:03 AM »
That sound great. H^^

Thanks John.  It feels great too.  It was really hard even getting a company to respond, much less say,  "Yeah, we can do that."  Good words to hear, that's for sure.
phil Cartier

Offline phil c

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 02:42:17 PM »
An SLC update.
A delay in payment/procures delayed things.  The contract is still going ahead.

On a more somber note, I almost died from bacterial pneumonia.  I woke up in the middle of the night Sunday May 1-2 very disoriented, weird vision problems, a bad cough, barely breathing, and feeling lousy.  My wife figured out how to contact the doctor.  Monday morning he sent a terse message:  Go to to the ER now!  I'll send a covering message!

ER apparently to help prevent spreading the germs.  The doctors were quick, thorough and started a gallon and a half of the only available antobiotic mix they had for this- a blend of Cefuroxamine and azithromycin.

We STILL have MIRACLE DRUGS!  There was an interesting journey, for two days- half a day in an ER room.  Then a transfer to a different ER cart with weird attachments and got installed in a half-filled store room.  With a view of a different ER room.
I got virtually no sleep, but by Tuesday morning the breathing was coming back and I started feeling better.  MIRACLE.
So they pushed me out Tuesday afternoon.  I kinda collapsed for the couple weeks.  Managed to twist both knees under the covers.  Both are still sore. the right knee has some cartilage/tendon damage, but getting better.

On Saturday, June 12,  I'm feeling tired but awake, but just about better. Lots of excercise, stretching and good eating ahead.
On a side task,  I loaded the gear for our Combat contest on May 16.  Did it kind of piece meal for a couple days.  We had a great crew of flyers and helpers show up.  Dave Edwards did a little practice officiating for the NATS and snuck in 4 perfect matches beating 7 other flyers.  Some really good speed limit flying and some nnnhhh interesting escapades.  Every one had a good time and the 6 ft sub was gobbled up.
Thanks to friends and the Lord.
Phil Cartier
phil Cartier

Offline john e. holliday

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 09:15:51 PM »
This is great that you have a great doctor.  Now yo need to take care of your self and don't push it..  I know from experience as my back went out on me again and the nerves too the knees went over board.  Been several weeks and I my self am getting better.  Still no flying or shop work besides the loss of my best friend who I mis terribly.  It is getting better with Prissy and Teddy around who were part of the trio. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Joe Ed Pederson

• 2019 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 06:22:19 AM »

On a more somber note, I almost died from bacterial pneumonia.  I woke up in the middle of the night Sunday May 1-2 very disoriented, weird vision problems, a bad cough, barely breathing, and feeling lousy.  My wife figured out how to contact the doctor.  Monday morning he sent a terse message:  Go to to the ER now!  I'll send a covering message!
Thanks to friends and the Lord.
Phil Cartier

I often think of how different things would be if medicine was where it was as little as 150 years ago.

Last November I got bitten by a dog at the base of my right thumb and a few days later the infection had turned my arm red to the elbow.  Spent 4 days in the hospital with twice daily bags of antibiotics.

As little as 150 years ago, Phil and I would probably have died of our infections.

I too, thank the Lord for the wisdom he has given mankind to heal these fragile bodies he gave us.

Joe Ed Pederson
Cuba, MO

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here