News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:23:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NOW AVAILABLE! Streak III Kit Laser Cut Parts--Streak RST now $65  (Read 76205 times)

Offline phil c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Sorry I didn't see some of the questions, busy with other stuff.

We've got plenty of parts, now laser cut, and foam cores by the box.  Prices below are in effect.

Foam Cores are now going to ship 3 to a box.  Turns out a box to hold 4 sets just comes too close to the shipping limit of 84in for combined length and girth. The USPS started using laser sizing of boxes in the transfer stations, and tacking on a balloon charge of $70 minimum cost.

Cost per box will be $35 up to 430 squares. Larger wings, up to 13.5in max chord will be $45.  Plus shipping of course.

I hate to do it, but costs make in inevitable.  Had to raise some prices.
Streak RST is now $65.00.  Streak III-$85  Speed Limit 2019  $70  Li'l Hacker  $40

The Streak RST is now available.  RST- Rugged Stunt Trainer   This design is perfect for learning up on the pattern with a very good flying plane that won't break every time you make a mistake.  It's designed to take 2 wheel gear or fly without gear over grass(gear not supplied, but a mounting block is).  Features a basswood profile and a high performance foam wing with our trademark plug-in wing construction.  Easy, durable, and easy to build and repair.  For 25 size engines with a muffler.  There is ~3.625 in. between the motor cutout and wing so it will take a Sullivan SS-4 uniflow tank, or your favorite style metal tank. 

Priced at $65.00 plus shipping.  $5 handling for PayPal. No credit cards.  No handling charge for prepaid orders via Paypal, cash, check, or money order.  Shipping weight is 3lb, so you can calculate the shipping at usps.com.  Ranges from $10-~$13.  The box is 25x4x14.  It generally will go 2nd day Priority Mail within 600 miles of Hershey PA.  Max shipping about $22 to the west coast.

Contact Info:

The Core House(tm)
Phil Cartier
34 Sweet Arrow Drive
Hummelstown, PA  17036

Ph: 717-566-3810  Leave a message if there is no answer after 5-6 rings.  We'll call back.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 03:22:07 PM by phil c »
phil Cartier

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
Re: NEW! Streak RST kit
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 01:26:17 PM »
Just picked one of these up from Phil.  Thanks for the advice and quick shipment, Phil!

Looks like a fun kit to build.  

:)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 09:08:33 PM by Brent Williams »
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline phil c

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 06:57:41 PM »
Find a copy of the little pamphlet that came with the Goldberg racers- Shoestring, Cosmic Wind, Buster.  It had a pretty good program showing how to get into flying more than wingovers and loops.

The Streak RST will definitely do the full pattern easily.  For sport flying call it a combat plane and put Spectra lines(100 lb test) on it.  The light lines make most planes fly even better and are hard to screw up.

Phil C
phil Cartier

Offline Steve Scott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • Terrorizing earthworms since '65
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 07:17:35 PM »
Put in my order today.

I've slacked off CL - haven't flown in nearly 5 years.
Gotta get back on the handle with something capable but cheap.

Thanks Phil!

Offline Steve Scott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 08:42:32 AM »
Phil,

I couldn't find a GC recommendation noted on the booklet.  I assume it would be on the spar?

Offline FrankF

• New Pilot
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 04:18:44 AM »
Great model even for the experienced flyer.  I've got a Fox .35 installed and with a 10/6 prop getting 5.2 lap times.

Since this is marketed as a 'trainer' I would put a little more detail in the building instructions for those beginner flyers.  i.e - where is  the CG on this model? ; where are the lead out guides placed?  Is wing tip weight suggested and if so, how much?.  Also, a traditional 3/32" or 1/8" wire landing gear (2 wheel) would be a great addition to this kit.

As a note, I added traditional plywood doubler's to the nose of this model for additional strength and a suitable material for mounting a fuel tank.

Offline David_Ruff

• David Ruff
  • Commander
  • Retired Army
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 05:32:10 PM »
It flies great.  I am running an O.S. .25 LA and it can do the AMA pattern and slow combat.  I am a new flyer but this will be my stunt trainer.  I had an expert precision aerobatic flyer take it up for the first flight and he started in on the pattern on the first lap.
I am looking into electrics as well...
Just glad to be here

Offline John Craig

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 07:44:39 AM »
Recently finished my RST.  Very pleased with the kit & the first flights.  Still in the trim phase, but I have been quite pleased with the first 7 flights. It flies as well as anything that I have built or flown.  It took me 4 months of stop & go building & personalizing to finish it .  I do think it could be built in a week of evenings.  I am using an OS 25FP.  It will be my plane to learn the beginner pattern & make squares look like squares.  It will be easy to progress on to the full pattern.  Great beginner's plane, club trainer, sport flyer, & practice plane all on 2.5 ounces of fuel.

Thanks Phil

Offline Dave Nyce

• 2019 supporter
  • Commander
  • Hooters restaurant on Oahu
    • Revolution Sensor Company
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 02:01:22 PM »
I would like to build a Streak RST with electric power.  Has anyone done this?  If so, what power system was used?

Thanks

Dave
Dave Nyce   New Bern, NC 
AMA: L356

Offline big ron

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 12:59:06 PM »
How much if any weight on outboard wing
John Blanchard
Brusly, Louisiana
 AMA 1054488

Offline phil c

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 08:04:08 PM »
How much if any weight on outboard wing?

Generally none for Spectra lines.  No more than 1/4 oz for steel .015 lines.
If you look carefully at the plans in the instructions it shows the wing offset to the right about 1/4in.  This , combined with the recommended engine offset puts the thrustline right through the center of the fuselage at the spar.  This setup tends to make the plane bank slightly away when doing corners even without tip weight.

Phil C
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 05:00:02 PM by phil c »
phil Cartier

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 02:20:37 AM »
A little update.  We have been enjoying the Streak RST all of this spring.  It has been a real trooper and has withstood the battle damage in excellent form.  I am extremely impressed with the durability of the foam wing, as we have piled this thing straight into the ground and the wing was untouched.  It is a great choice for use as a stunt trainer, as it allows you to fly fearlessly.   It is easily repaired when the play gets a bit too rough, also.   n~

Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline phil c

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 08:12:30 PM »
Thanks folks for all the positive feedback.  I'm glad it's doing what it was designed to do.  It is a real shame to see people trying to learn the stunt pattern flying a time consuming, fragile plane over pavement!

I will try to spruce up the instructions.  I'll add a CG, but it really isn't critical with appropriate size engines- LA 25 or Fox 35.  With or without a muffler the CG will be in a flyable range.
phil Cartier

Offline david bailey

• New Pilot
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 12:16:17 AM »
Hi Phil, are the Streak RST kits currently available?
DAVID BAILEY

Offline Sean Boggs

• New Pilot
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2015, 07:21:01 PM »
Phil, I too would like a Streak RST, are they available?

Offline david bailey

• New Pilot
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 11:27:22 PM »
I received an email fdrom Phil yesterday.  He said that the RST is available and to check back with him in about two weeks when he returns home.
DAVID BAILEY

Offline Sean Boggs

• New Pilot
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 03:24:10 PM »
Thanks Davi . Will try again in a couple of weeks.

Offline Phil Krankowski

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 01:27:37 PM »
What is needed to finish one of these out?
Phil

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2015, 10:39:25 AM »
Phil

My kit has all the hardware except lead out wire. He provides 15 ft of his SLC

Lead out wire, glue both Ca glues what ever you fave is for wood, and a bit of Gold Foam safe stuff. You can also use the new polyurethane glues

I prefer to use full strength and watered down Tite-Bond wood glue, but have built several core house foam wing planes with a variety of glues..they all have Plus and minus...Like the gorilla foaming stuff can NOT be sanded.... period! But I use it inside for a few of the wood to foam areas because it expands and fills ill fitting voids..and usually to do this I spritz a little water in the foam hole as the foam does not have enough moisture to activate the poly glue

If you think this will be in the ground a bit, then I recommend toughening up 3~4 inches leading edge and around the wing tip with lite FG, silkspan etc. Watered done wood glue works or follow instructions to use water based polyurethane.

I also fill in the "grain" of the foam wings with Dap fast n final liteweight wall board spackle also watered down a bit. I just slather it all over, squegee most off and let it dry then use sanding block to bring it all down to the foam

BEFORE trying to lay down the SLC, you must thoroughly clean the foam wings...I blow off with air, then use wax tack rag, then a rag with alcohol, then final tack rag and make sure my hands don't have any dust. I like working the SLC but it demands a clean surface..and the film is notorious for electrostatic cling of any dust and crap near it
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Phil Krankowski

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2015, 07:14:25 PM »
Thank you Fred.  I might have to order at least one of these. 
Phil

Offline phil c

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2015, 06:01:22 PM »
Fredvon4-  I didn't include lead out wire because with external controls it is easier to hook the lines up directly to the bellcrank.  The kit now includes suitable line clips(try a sinker slide clip for a fishing store)one big end, one small end.

I've also use monoline style buttons mounted on the bellcrank.  Just form the line end into a narrow loop and snap it onto the button.

Leadouts add a lot of weight and drag, plus you need more wingtip weight.
phil Cartier

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2015, 06:24:28 AM »
Thanks for clarifying Phil, did not mean to imply the kit was missing something. I learned a while back to use button Bell cranks on the exposed control combat planes and I prefer the method.

I suspect many might build as a stunt plane with traditional lead out wires just to attach to their already made 60' line sets

I do wish for a supply of bell cranks already prepped with buttons cuz some of my methods suck and I don't trust them except on 1/2a
One design I saw used fairly large head rivets for the button but I can't find those rivets in packages less than 1000
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Tony Vitiello

• New Pilot
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2019, 04:47:35 PM »
Are these available?  I tried to email Phile and it appears to not be a good email address.  Correction, I made a typo on his email.  I resent the email to Phil.  If anyone has any updates on these though, feel free to advise. 

Offline phil c

• Admiral
Re: NEW! Streak RST kit and some Price Changes
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2019, 06:58:21 PM »
Are these available?  I tried to email Phile and it appears to not be a good email address.  Correction, I made a typo on his email.  I resent the email to Phil.  If anyone has any updates on these though, feel free to advise. 

Tony,  we're back in town.  Totally blown away with the nationals and visiting family.  Streak RST kits are available.  I don't keep a big stock of them but it only takes a short time to pack and ship.  Usually the next day.

Phil C
phil Cartier

Offline Tony Vitiello

• New Pilot
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2019, 10:26:22 PM »
Thanks Phil. What’s the best way to order?  Give you a call?  Can you let me know your number?

Offline phil c

• Admiral
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2019, 05:04:16 PM »
Thanks Phil. What’s the best way to order?  Give you a call?  Can you let me know your number?

I don't try to hide the phone # Tony.  Sorry I'm late with this   717-566-3810
phil Cartier

Offline Steve Scott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2019, 02:14:37 PM »
Generally none for Spectra lines.  No more than 1/4 oz for steel .015 lines.
If you look carefully at the plans in the instructions it shows the wing offset to the right about 1/4in.  This , combined with the recommended engine offset puts the thrustline right through the center of the fuselage at the spar.  This setup tends to make the plane bank slightly away when doing corners even without tip weight.

Phil C
This is offset so the outboard span is 1/4" longer?  Old style aerodynamics typically had the inboard span longer.

Offline phil c

• Admiral
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2019, 07:49:20 PM »
This is offset so the outboard span is 1/4" longer?  Old style aerodynamics typically had the inboard span longer.

Yeah, with any plane you have to play with the aerodynamics.  A profile plane usually has a lot of built in tip weight with the engine, and a lot of left thrust because the motor C/L is mounted outboard anywhere from a 1/4 to 1/2 in.
The aerodynamic center of the wing for a 48in. wing is offset about half an inch into the right hand panel.  This works great for a built up plane.  On a profile moving the wing outboard a little puts the MAC far enough off the thrust line, especially if you offset the engine by relieving the rear of the motor mount so the engine also points out.  You can lay it out with a ruler from the centerline of the spar to the front of the motor mount area under the engine.  It usually works out to about 3/32in X 1.5in taper.

Digging too much offset into the mounts invites bending or breaking the case or mounts in a straight in crash. Offsetting the wing reduces the engine offset needed to keep the motor pulling the plane  a little to the right.

I had this bright idea about 25 years ago, which shows I'm officially an old man.
phil Cartier

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here