Vendors Corner > Core House

Lil' Hacker availability

(1/1)

John Paris:
Phil,
Do you have any Lil' Hacker kits available?  Also any samples of SLC still available?
Thank you,
John

phil c:
We are officially out of SLC until further notice.  I found a company to deal with but they are closed for the flu.  So nothing until maybe in the fall.  Otherwise it depends mostly on whether or not I want to spend the bucks.  It's going to take a looong time to sell out.

The Li'l Hacker II is still available.  $40 plus shipping.  They have to be shipped individually because of postal balloon charges.

John Paris:
Phil,
Is there much difference between the original Lil Hacker and the Hacker II?  Is covering included in the kits?  How much is shipping?  Lots of questions....  I have had good luck with electrifying one of the originals and there is some interest in duplicating this set up.
Thank you,
John

phil c:

--- Quote from: John Paris on March 23, 2020, 06:46:32 PM ---Phil,
Is there much difference between the original Lil Hacker and the Hacker II?  Is covering included in the kits?  How much is shipping?  Lots of questions....  I have had good luck with electrifying one of the originals and there is some interest in duplicating this set up.
Thank you,
John

--- End quote ---

Hi John,
The Li'l Hacker II is the same as the origina, but the wing was made about 1/4in. thicker to make it stiffer.  It flys better
Since we're out of covering we can't put it in the kit, Sorry.  Look for model covering on Ebay.  $13/5 meters x .6m
I've electrified the Li'l Hacker II and have an alternate front end available.  I'll be checking with Brodak's if they can laser cut more(cutter died a long time ago!).  The change over used a Hobbyking Turnigy 28-24(22-12 actual) 1600 Kv motor, a 7/5e APC prop, 25 amp Castle controller, and a 3S 1000mA battery.  Control was with a cheap 3 channel car transmitter.
Running flat out is would run about 3 minutes.  Judicious use of the throttle would go 3.5-4min.
Shipping depends on zip code.  It varies from about $9 to $14.

Phil Cartier

couldn't get a picture to go through. oh well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version