Vendors Corner > Core House

Foam Wing Cutting

<< < (2/2)

phil c:
[quote author=Rich Perry link=topic=19701.msg445316#msg445316 date=146138987

NEW POSTAL REGS LIMIT THE WINGS TO ONE OR TWO SETS /BOX.  Approx$15-16/per box anywhere in the US.

Phil,   On a custom, typical  combat wing.  480 sq. in.  for example, how much does adding spar slots to the core effect price?  Typical stuff.  1/8" x 3/8 root, vertical, tapering down to 1/8" x 1/8" at tip.    I have a local cutter, and the spar slots doubled the cost of the cores. 
[/quote]

The cores on the website are all current.  All  the cores that are all currently drawn include cutting the spar slots.  Most are stack cut, one above the other, in a 4in. thick block which limits the wing thickness to about 1.875in and a chord of 13in(to fit the box).  The other limit is cost.  4 sets of wings in a box is currently $40 except for some odd ones which include tips or require an odd layout to squeeze into the 4in

Give me a call  717-566-3810

Rich Perry:
Ok, thanks Phil.

phil c:

--- Quote from: Rich Perry on April 22, 2016, 11:37:55 PM ---  Phil,   On a custom, typical  combat wing.  480 sq. in.  for example, how much does adding spar slots to the core effect price?  Typical stuff.  1/8" x 3/8 root, vertical, tapering down to 1/8" x 1/8" at tip.    I have a local cutter, and the spar slots doubled the cost of the cores. 

--- End quote ---

I don't remember if I contacted you Rich, but there is no extra charge for cutting spar slots, a leading edge slot or V for a wood leading edge, or even hollowing out the wing(there are limitations there and a wing thinner than 1.5in. totally loses any weight savings.)

phil c:

--- Quote from: DON BERRY on March 06, 2011, 04:24:10 PM ---What sizes do you have in straight chord wings, at least 24" long? ???

--- End quote ---

The size is can be up to 32in. for straight wings.  Tapered wings can be up to 24-32in. depending on the taper ratio(tip/root).  Single panels can be up to to 2.75in. thick.  Two panels per block can be up to ~ 1.8in.  The chord can be up to 16in., depending on taper ratio.

I've got cores laid out from  112 sq.in. to 550 sq. in. symmetrical airfoils.

We're no longer cutting Giant cores such as a 94in. span RC Extra 300.

phil c:

--- Quote from: Rich Perry on April 22, 2016, 11:37:55 PM ---  Phil,   On a custom, typical  combat wing.  480 sq. in.  for example, how much does adding spar slots to the core effect price?  Typical stuff.  1/8" x 3/8 root, vertical, tapering down to 1/8" x 1/8" at tip.    I have a local cutter, and the spar slots doubled the cost of the cores. 

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
As Tim W. points out, they all come with appropriate spar slots- 1/4 sq.for Half A or 1/4X1/8th.  1/8th x 3/8 for larger planes-balsa spars in smaller lighter planes, bass or spruce in bigger, heavier planes. 1/8 x 1/2 or even 1/4 x 1/2 for bigger stunters. If you want to go really big I've cut 1/2x1/2 spars for a 72inch Zlin R/C aerobat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version