News:

• March 28, 2024, 06:41:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A Little Shipping Survey  (Read 1495 times)

Offline phil c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
A Little Shipping Survey
« on: November 13, 2019, 04:27:57 PM »
I've also run into problems with the Post Office and UPS and the size of the current box that handles 4 sets of any of the cores I've worked up except for the Giles and other wings with over a 13in. chord.  An eighth inch difference, just from how the box folds, can knock the price from $10 to $70!

So, I can size a custom box which will fit everything under a 13in. chord and cost something like $4.50 a piece.  That would up the cost of all the Quad wing types about $6 to, say $50.
The single sets would still be $15 since they use a 24 x 14 box already.

The alternate is a stock box, specifically one that is 24 x 14 x 12.  It will only cost $2.45 but it will hold even larger wings if needed.  It would hold 3 sets of cores with the price $35

Please let me know what you think.  Post a reply here or email me direct.

Thanks,
Phil Cartier
717-566-3810

philcartier@earthlink.net  you can use the email button in this program.  It goes to the same address.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 01:19:33 PM by phil c »
phil Cartier

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: A Little Shipping Survey
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 05:15:55 PM »
  • I don't buy many of your cores (and I won't until my wife graduates from college and starts flying again -- then I'll need some), so weigh my answer accordingly
  • $35 divided by three cores is $11.67 per core
  • $50 divided by four cores is $12.50 per core
  • I'm a cheap ****, so I'd go with the lower initial cost and less per-piece price any day

Edit: And I understand that you're at the mercy of the shipping box people and the post office and UPS -- that's a given.  Unless your name is Bezos you just take the deal they give you.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here