News:

• March 29, 2024, 04:00:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: need to purchase control line airplane  (Read 5190 times)

Offline Mark kramer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
need to purchase control line airplane
« on: January 16, 2008, 11:56:14 AM »
Hello,
      I'm a builder and flyer or pilot of radio controlled aircraft.After a resent conversation with my father -in -law about his child hood days of flying controll line .I thought I would have him show me how to fly control line,to give him some interest ,he has been having a difficult time with the chemo treatments he is receiving ,and needs something to take his mind off the discomfort and pain.So...I thought,.. him teaching me and possibly getting one of his vintage models back up would be a great motivator ..to enjoy life and not let it get him down.I know it could be difficult ,I'm a survivor myself....Anyway ,with my work schedule and other things I don't have time to build a kit....nor the desire to see another kit go up in flames so to say ..been there done that.So I'm wondering if you could point me to site where i could purchase a ARF or a RTF controll line plane ...for a newbee at least to this end of the sport.Something from a reputable company and..some what crash friendly.
Thanks so much ,if you could help
Sincerely
 Mark Kramer

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: need to purchase control line airplane
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 01:18:48 PM »
Mark
admirable quest! I think if you want crashworthy, and good flying, I would find a Ukey. I dont have contact information for him but I think its Jim Pearson(?) someone will surely correct me and provide information. The Ukey is a foam wing  very simple plane, it doesnt look like much but it is very durable, and easily repaired. Not to mention that its not very expensive. Best of luck
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline De Hill

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 08:37:19 PM »
Hi Mark,

Get a Ukey. They are the most crashworthy beginner airplane you can buy. They make a Ukey .35 and a Ukey .40. Either one would work. 

What engine will you be using?

De
De Hill

Offline chuck_b24

• AMA Member
  • New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 09:40:04 PM »
Hello another nubee here !!! where can you buy a Ukey???..thanks..chuck

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 03:25:14 PM »
In addition to ARF and RTF products, you should consider a USED CL plane.

Lots of CL flyers who have learned not to crash are accumulating perfectly good airplanes that they don't have time to fly.

If you live in Michigan, consider the Cloudbusters auction in early January.  Every year, lots of good vol circulare, vol libre, and even telecommande aircraft are sold for a song.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here