News:

• May 09, 2024, 08:54:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodaks  (Read 3301 times)

Offline bob whitney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Brodaks
« on: March 02, 2016, 09:58:40 AM »

Hope to try 75 MPH combat at Brodaks, what is a good Plane engine combo to start out with
rad racer

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
Re: Brodaks
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 10:19:21 AM »
According to the rules, they barely keep score.  Anything that will do 70 MPH on .018" x 60' lines will be OK.  It was 70 last time I looked.  Maybe it changed.

Among other things, you get a big loss of points for getting in a collision or line tangle.  So you really only need on model.

You don't actually need to win matches.  Just run up points.  Get all the air time, don't collide, and try to get three cuts.   
Paul Smith

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 12:50:10 PM »

sounds like a crap shoot
rad racer

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 03:26:17 PM »
Bob.
I will send you a pm for a set up.

Ken

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 03:34:44 PM »

sounds like a crap shoot

It is to a crap shoot to an extent.  If one of your early opponents checks the turf and does the chicken on the floor, you can only get 500 points.

Worse yet, if he hits you, you might end up with 20 points for the match.  Of course, not getting hit is part of the game so blame yourself.

On the upside, you get to fly four matches and somebody will win.

At best you can get 800 points per match, a total of 3200.  The winner got 2290 last year, so you don't need to be perfect.

Paul Smith

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 05:23:21 PM »

Thanks Paul, i just want to see if i can get through a match
rad racer

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 07:49:26 PM »
Gotcha Speed Limit model from the Core House, OS la .25 engine on a bladder pressure. APC 8x4 prop. Phil Cartier should have almost everything you need.
http://home.earthlink.net/%7Ephilcartier/webcat/Descriptions/SpeedLimitSL.html

Offline Bob Mears

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 09:07:42 AM »
Believe it or not, this is really a fun event. You have to switch your thinking to fly for fun and have it scored. Not jump in there and win the match. My bro Andy couldnt grasp this and he scored poorly. I on the other hand I just flew around, tried for some cuts, and avoided collisions. Used one plane and won the event. I thought it was a great event. I think I may go back again this year.
Home of the control line combat museum.

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 11:39:01 AM »
 i will probly be like Andy
rad racer

Offline Bob Mears

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 08:34:03 PM »
The downside of flying to win is destruction. Andy broke 3 airplanes. The normal pilots flying the event use the same plane for years. (Well until they drew Andy) I used one airplane. That's what the event is designed for. And it actually requires a bit of skill to just get points and not break anything. If your too aggressive and get into a line tangle, or just knock the opponent out of the air yet you stay up.....cost you points. So you don't want to wrap or touch airplanes. Not as easy as it sounds. The worst thing that can happen is your opponent not get started or he hits the ground in the match. That's the toughest thing for me is to not do my "sucker him into the ground" moves. Those are kinda standard in my flying style. I really have to work at not doing them. But the event is great for chasing streamers. And that's all combat has really ever been for me. I feel like a kid playing hide and go seek, sword fight, and combat all at the same time.
Home of the control line combat museum.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here