News:

Advertise Here

• May 20, 2022, 04:35:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tryin' to Stay Alive in the World------  (Read 563 times)

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Tryin' to Stay Alive in the World------
« on: March 24, 2022, 03:48:14 PM »
Had to put this somewhere.
I spent about a month trying to figure out why I a so knocked out.  Turned out to be brain hemmorahge.  Another six weeks confirmed that , along with some surgery for pressure, fluid, etc.

On the plus side, I'm still alive.  On the other hand, things could be a lot better.

I'm aiming to go to the first  contest in New Jersey to cheer.  maybe get cheered out of the flight circle.

Wish me some luck.

Phil Cartier,  groaning in a corner.!!!!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 04:50:30 PM by phil c »
phil Cartier

Offline ray copeland

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Tryin' to Stay Alive in the World------
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 07:58:40 PM »
Hang tough Phil!!! Kathy and I are looking forward to seeing you at Brodak's !
Ray from Greensboro, North Carolina , six laps inverted so far with my hand held vertically!!! (forgot to mention, none level!) AMA# 902150

Offline AirClassix

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 11:30:35 PM »
I'm awful sorry to hear that Phil, you've always been one of the Good Guys!  Please do what ya gotta do to make the best of every day and take good care of yourself!

We really were young once, remember?

Dennis,
keeping you in my thoughts & prayers
Dennis Leonhardi
New Prague, MN
AMA 353
http://stores.ebay.com/airclassix

Online C.T. Schaefer

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 06:11:35 AM »
Hey Phil, Looking forward to seeing you next week!    TS

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022, 06:03:23 PM »
I spent about a month trying to figure out why I a so knocked out.  Turned out to be brain hemorrhage.  Another week confirmed that, along with some surgery for pressure, fluid, etc.

On the plus side, I'm still alive.  On the other hand, things could be a lot better.

I'm aiming to go to the first  contest in New Jersey to cheer.  maybe get cheered out of the flight circle.

Wish me some luck.

The contest got delayed a week due to rain.  Barry Lyter jr. drove, due to PA rules.  I have to have somebody check me out for a driver's license.  Barry's Dad is also Barry,  close to 84 and can still put up a decent match.
The weather was beautiful.  Everything went smoothly.  I got some cuts.  Didn't crash or midair.  Spent half my time coaching opponents on how to get lined up.  Didn't have much if any dizziness or stumbling.

The next step is exercising and some weight lifting to get strong again.  I lost lbs. to this fiasco.  It's going to be difficult t build muscle again without getting fat!

I spent about a month trying to figure out why I a so knocked out.  Turned out to be brain hemorrhage.  Another six weeks confirmed that , along with some surgery for pressure, fluid, etc.

Wish me some luck.

[/quote]
phil Cartier

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2022, 09:56:05 PM »
Get well soon Phil Cartier.

Offline john e. holliday

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2022, 06:33:36 PM »
So glad you got it taken care of in time.   D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2022, 06:39:48 PM »
I want to send a big cheer of Thanks to everyone who posted or called in with encouragement.  It was so great, even though I was half asleep mostly in the hospital.

Fortunately I don't actually remember much of what happened. A dim view of a big, barely finished open hall with half a dozen gurney's.  Somebody gave me a few pills and a drink.
The last think I remember until  I woke up in the recovering area, which was the same as where they got me.  Recovery seemed very slow.  It took another 2 weeks before I could walk
much.

So another thanks to all the great people who fly model airplanes and go to contests and get-togethers.

Thanks,
Phil Cartier.
phil Cartier

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here