Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Combat

Tryin' to Stay Alive in the World------

(1/5) > >>

phil c:
Had to put this somewhere.
I spent about a month trying to figure out why I was so knocked out.  Turned out to be brain Hemorrhage.  Another six weeks confirmed that , along with some surgery for pressure, fluid, etc.

On the plus side, I'm still alive.  On the other hand, things could be a lot better.

I'm aiming to go to the first  contest in New Jersey to cheer.  maybe get cheered out of the flight circle.

Wish me some luck.

Phil Cartier,  groaning in a corner.!!!!

Just to start closing out-  I have recovered to about 85% now(6/25/2022)

After tripping over my feet in matches the stumbling around at Brodak's combat the tripping is gone.
I'm sure that's partly from being able to do jumping jacks by turning around in three jumps, then doing the reverse.  Its the simplest agility exercise since it challenges brain, balance, and strong leg muscles.
For quite a number of years I was doing the exercise with a hundred jumps first thing in the morning.

Now I've got to try and put on 30lbs of muscle to get some STRENGTH back.

Ihanks to all the encouragement from various folks.  It has helped a tremendous amount for the moral support.

Thanks to All is All I can say.

ray copeland:
Hang tough Phil!!! Kathy and I are looking forward to seeing you at Brodak's !

Dennis Leonhardi:
I'm awful sorry to hear that Phil, you've always been one of the Good Guys!  Please do what ya gotta do to make the best of every day and take good care of yourself!

We really were young once, remember?

Dennis,
keeping you in my thoughts & prayers

C.T. Schaefer:
Hey Phil, Looking forward to seeing you next week!    TS

phil c:

--- Quote from: phil c on March 24, 2022, 03:48:14 PM ---Had to put this somewhere.
I spent about a month trying to figure out why I a so knocked out.  Turned out to be brain hemorrhage.  Another week confirmed that, along with some surgery for pressure, fluid, etc.

On the plus side, I'm still alive.  On the other hand, things could be a lot better.

I'm aiming to go to the first  contest in New Jersey this year to cheer.  Maybe get cheered out of the flight circle.

Wish me some luck.

p.s.  The jumping jacks are starting to help.  Also going to start some lifting and strength exercises.  I used to weigh in at 180-185 and had a lot more strength.  I've lost some 30-35 lbs!

--- End quote ---
The contest got delayed a week due to rain.  Barry Lyter jr. drove, due to PA rules.  I have to have somebody check me out for a driver's license.  Barry's Dad is also Barry,  close to 84 and can still put up a decent match.
The weather was beautiful.  Everything went smoothly.  I got some cuts.  Didn't crash or midair.  Spent half my time coaching opponents on how to get lined up.  Didn't have much if any dizziness or stumbling.

The next step is exercising and some weight lifting to get strong again.  I lost lbs. to this fiasco.  It's going to be difficult t build muscle again without getting fat!

Had to put this somewhere.
I spent about a month trying to figure out why I a so knocked out.  Turned out to be brain hemorrhage.  Another six weeks confirmed that , along with some surgery for pressure, fluid, etc.

I'm aiming to go to the first  contest in New Jersey to cheer.  maybe get cheered out of the flight circle.

Wish me some luck.

[/quote]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version