News:

• April 24, 2024, 04:17:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Creamsicle  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Ironbomb

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Creamsicle
« on: August 14, 2006, 08:13:41 AM »
I just got done repairing my Creamsicle. I had a 40LA on it. (it was my first time out with this plane, and I have no combat engines) I am wondering what would be a good engine to put on this plane? I do not combat competitivly, but like to fly like an insane person  sometimes  n~ . I do have an old NIB Fox 36X, but wonder if I should use it on this plane.

The Creamsicle will now be a "Good-n-Plently, its black and pink, for real  **)

I guess I will be just a sport flyer with this plane  y1

Greg
Beating the crap out of the ground, one airplane at a time

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Offline Scott Jenkins

• Commander
Re: Creamsicle
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 08:11:45 AM »
Use the fox on a bladder tank nothing like a 120 mph airplane on 60 ft. lines

Scott
Scott Jenkins
AMA 43122
FAI F2C VOLUME 2 SECTION 4, 4.3.7
m) During the refuelling and the restart of the motor, and until the time when he releases the model aircraft, the mechanic must keep the model aircraft in contact with the ground by at least one point and with the centre line outside the flight circle. During that time the pilot must be crouching or sitting inside the centre circle. He keeps one hand on the ground and his handle and his lines as close to the ground as defined by the F2C panel of judges until the model aircraft starts again.

Offline Ironbomb

• AMA Member
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 10:45:58 AM »
Use the fox on a bladder tank nothing like a 120 mph airplane on 60 ft. lines

Scott

Cool  8)

f~ f~ f~ f~
Beating the crap out of the ground, one airplane at a time

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Offline Scott Jenkins

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 11:25:57 AM »
If your getting old like most of this crowd  ::) you may want to start off with a 9x6 prop as your confidence grows try a 8x7 APC then an 8x8.  :! You will be amazed how fast and easy it is to get behind then either lose sight or park it in the ground and end up with a crunchy bag of Creamsicle   %^

Scott
Scott Jenkins
AMA 43122
FAI F2C VOLUME 2 SECTION 4, 4.3.7
m) During the refuelling and the restart of the motor, and until the time when he releases the model aircraft, the mechanic must keep the model aircraft in contact with the ground by at least one point and with the centre line outside the flight circle. During that time the pilot must be crouching or sitting inside the centre circle. He keeps one hand on the ground and his handle and his lines as close to the ground as defined by the F2C panel of judges until the model aircraft starts again.

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 01:53:24 PM »
Yes Greg,

The Fox .36x is the engine for this plane...pacifier and Missile Mist fuel, 8/8 Rev-Up prop...60' lines and you have a whale of a sport flier!.... #^  y1    LL~    LL~

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 08:30:28 PM »
No, No, No!  Mk IV with a bladder and something like an 8/6 or 8.5/6 wood prop, properly thinned and balanced.  If you're lucky, you can find one of the pressure regulators Norm made to guarantee a rock solid run from start to finish.  The one I've got weighs 248 gr.(8.75 oz) and will probably hold up for two dozen high performance flights.
phil Cartier

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 12:38:11 AM »
Yep.  The .36X would be too light.  It's also not as powerful.  If that's what you have, though, just make the nose a little long.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Gary James

• Lieutenant
  • Shredding streamers since 1971
    • Mini-IMP Aircraft Co.
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 01:08:25 PM »
A Mk III as modified by Mark Smith ( A Maverick-Fox) and with a Brasher crankshaft...  :o  I've got several of them  #^  Yeah, Baby!
Gary James
Weatherford, TX
AMA 68845

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here