Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Combat

Super Satan version 19!

(1/8) > >>

Tom Luciano:
Hi gang!
  I posted this on the MACA facebook page as well. facebook is so fleeting that it's gone in a New York minute.
  I had purchased a Nelson when Henry did the last run in the hopes to fly fast someday. Well when you start flying Combat in your mid 50's it takes awhile(maybe never) to learn. Anyway, I wantef to do a play on my all time favorite the Super Satan. So, I set out to design a plane that was more modern but kept the overall look and design characteristics of the original version 12 that was featured in the magazine. Version 1 to Larry's recollection was designed it late 64. I have a straight wing version 3 that is dated February '65. Anyway, my basic thought was, if Larry designed it today!
I showed the plane to Larry yesterday and he was extremely excited to see it. I had coined it version 2021. He said no thats version 19 as he had made 18 previous versions. I'm pleased and grateful that Larry was so excited.

Tom Luciano:
More

Tom Luciano:
This was a really gratifying project. Also, Larry didnt miss not one little detail I did to make it appear like the original.

Oh, he didnt like seeing the tip weight box!!! Lol

john e. holliday:
The plane looks great.  Has Larry flown it yet? H^^

Tom Luciano:
Hi John,
  Unfortunately,  Larry hasn't  flown in a few years. He's been battling vertigo.  All his planes are in the car ready for when he is!

Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version