Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Combat

Super Satan version 19!

<< < (2/8) > >>

kenneth cook:
            Tom, that's really good looking and there's no doubt it will move out. Ken

jim:

--- Quote from: Tom Luciano on April 19, 2021, 07:16:42 AM ---This was a really gratifying project. Also, Larry didnt miss not one little detail I did to make it appear like the original.

Oh, he didnt like seeing the tip weight box!!! Lol

--- End quote ---

All i can say is WOW! What a plane. H^^

phil c:
Any measurements, areas. boom length, etc. i.e.-  is it an exact scale up or did you make it a knock off?

Tom Luciano:
Hi Phil,
  Funny you should ask! It's just a play with as if Larry built it in todays world. So, no its not scaled up as I thought the wing would be too thin. So, instead, I (eh et hm) borrowed  your root and tip ribs. Span is 48" without tips which is 33% larger than Larry's. Stab reflects that and Booms were basically cut to get the balance right and a little TLAR was involved. I'll have to check my drawing on Stab area. Ill bring it up to Gill's meet in a couple of weeks!

Tom
PS bring bladder material!!!

Tom Luciano:
Maiden flight was a huge success. Besides a handle adjustment the first fly was uneventfull. No trimming is needed! Also, it didnt fold!! Tracks really well and has a great turn. Thanks to Al Ferraro and Jim Vigani for getting me in the air.

Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version