News:

• April 19, 2024, 03:50:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: STG21-35  (Read 1308 times)

Offline bristunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
STG21-35
« on: March 29, 2007, 07:44:57 PM »
G'day Fellas,

Just thought I'd put a note up here that I'm having a run of G21-35 flat top piston ABC piston/liner/rod/pin sets made.

Those that don't know of me, I get these done for a number of stunt engines and due to requests from a number of combat guys am having a run of these done.

The rods will be bushed both ends. The bore is true chrome. The quality is high. It is the non-peri ported version, again due to request.

Based on the costs & conversion rates from the recent batch of OS Max 35-S sets I expect the price to be somewhere around $98US posted globally.

I am taking a waiting list for this first run which is in production now. If you would like your name placed on the list email me at  bgardner@hatch.com.au with your details.

Best regards,

Brian

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: STG21-35
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 02:56:34 PM »
This sounds like a great idea.  The G.21's were notorious for breaking cranks when they ran well.  An ABC should extend the life tremendously for sport flying old combat planes with a G21.
phil Cartier

Offline bristunt

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 04:43:46 PM »
OK, I've checked with my machinist and shafts will be $50 Australian which on the current exchange rate is $40US, that would be a shipped price globally. I'd need to do the same as piston/liner/rod sets - a waiting list and when enough people have expressed interest I'd go ahead.

Email me with your interest at  bgardner@hatch.com.au

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 09:12:31 AM »
There might be a small market for G21 shafts, since so many got broken.  I was thinking more that the ABC piston would NOT be as likely to break the shaft.  The fatigue life should go up tremendously with less than half the weight in the piston.
phil Cartier

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here