Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Combat

Spectra lines - braided or solid?

(1/4) > >>

Dennis Toth:
Getting ready to try my first set of Spectra lines and was wondering if they are braided line or solid and how do you get the kind we are using?

Best,    DennisT

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Dennis Toth on December 16, 2021, 08:00:10 AM ---Getting ready to try my first set of Spectra lines and was wondering if they are braided line or solid and how do you get the kind we are using?

Best,    DennisT

--- End quote ---
https://www.amazon.com/PowerPro-21100500100E-50-100-G-Spectra/dp/B0000AUW09/ref=asc_df_B0000AUW09?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80470581759022&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584070141141603&psc=1

I used 65lb but this is enough for most planes.

ken

kenneth cook:
               The link Ken posted shows the Power Pro. Most important is the US flag on the box. If purchasing from Ebay, use caution as this is sold in the same box made in China. In addition, seeing you posted in the combat section, most of us are using 100 lb test for .25 size combat.

Dennis Toth:
Thanks for the link. I will be using these lines for smaller 20 size ships less than 40oz. Do you use an eyelet to terminate and wrap around like we do for braided cable then terminate with the AMA knot?

Best,     DennisT

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Dennis Toth on December 16, 2021, 05:24:15 PM ---Thanks for the link. I will be using these lines for smaller 20 size ships less than 40oz. Do you use an eyelet to terminate and wrap around like we do for braided cable then terminate with the AMA knot?

Best,     DennisT

--- End quote ---
When I used them I tied directly to the line clip.  No eyelet.  Use the preferred knots.  This is very slippery line and it will pull through a knot if tied wrong.  I believe they are using a Palomar.  There is enough material here about knots in threads going back nearly 10 years to satisfy a Boy Scout.  One experience I had was not pulling the lines hard enough then letting them sit overnight.  One of the knots loosened and would have slipped in flight if I had not noticed it.  I am not sure that Spectra lines are actually better for PA than the new thinner brass coated ones but they are cheaper!

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version