News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:48:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Old Engines  (Read 3957 times)

Online Tom_Fluker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Old Engines
« on: November 07, 2014, 06:38:51 AM »
Just curious to see if there is a market for old engines out there.  Dad and I went through a bunch of our old stuff this past weekend.  Found a new Tigre G21-35 case (well never used, I guess it can't be new if it is 40 years old).  Hard to believe how much Fox equipment we have as well.  All kinds of Fox 15 stuff including some "big shaft" cases.

Tom

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Old Engines
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 01:30:16 PM »
There is a pretty good, erratic market for stuff like you have on Ebay.  I saw  a Johnson 36 CS for for around $250.  A few weeks later a very similar looking one went for less than a hundred.  It mostly depends on just who is looking for what at a given point.

A new G.21 case is probably worth $40-50, especially if someone is rebuilding one.  The large shaft Fox 15's are more collectible, especially of you can guarantee they flew in the world champs you one.  Just by themselves they're worth something because only a few were built.

good uick!
phil Cartier

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 03:39:23 PM »
Tom, I saw on FB that you may have some LiteHawks for sale.  What do you want for them? If they are available.  PM me. Regards Mike
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Phil Krankowski

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 06:18:13 PM »
If you are going to ebay, good accurate description and quality photographs go a long ways.  Use a contrasting solid color background like a bath towel or bed sheet.  Use a camera that takes good close up pictures (macro function).  Look up how to take good pictures, there are many excellent how-to's out there.

The packaging, if complete or in good clean condition, is valuable to collectors.  The engine is also valuable to collectors.  Bills of sale can also be very interesting to collectors, particularly if handwritten and dated (be careful of personal information).  Clean complete packaging with a clean complete engine and accessories may go very well, especially if you can get more than one collector interested.

Best of luck

Phil

Offline PaulGibeault

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 03:04:26 PM »
Hi Tom,

I am interested in a list of what you for Fox .15's.  I'm especially interested in a big shaft case.  Please contact me further at pgibeault at shaw.ca.  Thanks, Tom! 

Cheers, Paul

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here