News:

• March 28, 2024, 06:20:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Toothpick kits  (Read 701 times)

Offline Dick Tyndall

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
New Toothpick kits
« on: February 21, 2020, 07:47:28 AM »
   I just received my first  Toothpick kits from Walter Umland. I can't stress enough how nice these kits are! There were a couple of things I asked Walter to do different on future kits which he agreed to do. I hope to get one of these together soon. I will take some pictures and do some narrative on what I'm doing to send to Walter. Not much different than what was in the American Modeler article in 1971 but you can always find something else to add in how this is put together. It's a very easy build. Biggest thing to keep in mind when building one of these is to keep things straight. I haven't built one of these in over 40 years so I hope I don't mess it up! Contact Walter and get a couple of these to build for the upcoming vintage combat season. It is a great flying airplane and goes where you point it!

Dick Tyndall

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: New Toothpick kits
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 10:14:19 AM »
Now we just need you to come to new jersey and fly with us!

Tom
AMA 13001

Offline Dick Tyndall

• 23 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 11:42:37 AM »
Hi Tom,
    Don Stoneman and I plan to do that but it probably won't be this year. I'm working on getting a boat ready for the IMBRA World Championships ( R/C boats ) this summer in Gonzaga, Italy. We'll see how things work out. Can't wait to get one of these kits going together. I have two Fox 36X BB engines to work on and break in. There's just not enough time..........

Dick

Offline Bob Mears

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 08:14:57 AM »
Nostalgia fast in Oklahoma city again this year!!!
Home of the control line combat museum.

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 01:34:48 PM »
Hi Tom,
    Don Stoneman and I plan to do that but it probably won't be this year. I'm working on getting a boat ready for the IMBRA World Championships ( R/C boats ) this summer in Gonzaga, Italy. We'll see how things work out. Can't wait to get one of these kits going together. I have two Fox 36X BB engines to work on and break in. There's just not enough time..........

Dick

The way things are going right now, this VIRUS situation may have the entire world locked down with no traveling allowed any where for months.  Hope not, but things don't look good right now.   Italy is in really big trouble and overrun by this VIRUS at present.    ~^     ~^     ~^     D>K

Offline Dick Tyndall

• 23 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 06:38:27 PM »
Terrence,
    Yea, right now it doesn't look good for a trip to Italy anytime soon much less any boat racing or airplane contests in the months coming up. However, it looks good for me clearing a table in the shop to start gluing some Toothpick wings down and seeing if I remember how to cover these things with silk and brush on some clear dope.
   Hope everyone stays well and we can all get through this epidemic healthy, wealthy and wiser.

Dick

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here