News:

• April 18, 2024, 04:06:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nemesis II  (Read 1749 times)

Offline George Truett

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Nemesis II
« on: May 28, 2018, 08:39:55 AM »
I finished my first Nemesis II from the Pat Johnston double kit this week.  Nice cutting and nice wood, there are a few deviations from the plans that caused some early confusion.  I covered it with PolyT from Tom Morris, so much easier than using silk and I think it will be plenty strong, I'll never put anything like a Nelson on it.  It goes 17.8 ounce now with Thunder Tiger 36, I need to put some color on it but I haven't decided what to use and how to do it yet.  GT

Offline badbill

• Commander
Re: Nemesis II
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 08:50:59 AM »
I sure hope we can get together and fly our combat ships sometime! Let me know. It looks awesome!
Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is just right!

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 02:27:42 PM »

Classic engines with the Nemesis II would be the Super Tigre G-21 .35, the Super Tigre .35 Combat plain bearing and the Johnson Combat Special .35.
            I favored the Super Tigres, expecially the .35 Combat because it is easier to handle and just about the right combination of weight and power for the Nemesis.  The Nemesis is a very impressive performer and you will enjoy flying it.  ......   y1      D>K      H^^
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:18:54 PM by Terrence Durrill »

Offline Russell

• ACE
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 09:07:45 PM »
The big back door Fox mk3 combat specials were out during the Nemesis II era. I remember because that engine  blew the wings off my Sneaker so I built the Nemesis II with the optional LE brace.

Motorman 8)

Instead of the optional LE brace I put shear webbing on the spars. Plane flies better too.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here