News:

• April 26, 2024, 02:10:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lil' Hacker  (Read 1062 times)

Offline ray copeland

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Lil' Hacker
« on: November 15, 2007, 08:26:25 PM »
Flew the Lil' Hacker Sunday afternoon. What fun on 30 foot lines!!! The Norvel .049 AME ran great after 10 minutes trying to get needle valve set right for bladder pressure for the first time, broke a piece of the wing off holding on to it for so long trying not to flood anymore but is an easy fix with foam.  My co-pilot and wife to be as of next Saturday was a great help while trying to start!! Came in on me a couple of times overhead but recovered nicely and did the same on coasting after fuel ran out. Tank was filled with about 3/4 ounce of fuel and i was about ready for a break by then! Instructions for build was a little difficult to follow, so i did it MY way. Balance seemed to be perfect and control was great , lost it behind me twice but found it in time. Wing is a little fragile, the next build (this is a 2 plane kit) will include elmer's wiped onto the entire foam wing before painting for reinforcement. Hopefully will go to 42 foot lines over Thanksgiving holiday and see how it does. The 1/2a bladder setup from Minnesota Modeler works great. Might try the next one with a standard Norvel .061 for kicks or the Tee Dee and see how they compare.
Ray from Greensboro, North Carolina , six laps inverted so far with my hand held vertically!!! (forgot to mention, none level!) AMA# 902150

Offline Iskandar Taib

• Lieutenant
Re: Lil' Hacker
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 01:45:53 AM »
>the next build (this is a 2 plane kit) will include elmer's wiped onto the entire
>foam wing before painting for reinforcement.

Don't think that'd make it any stronger. Some filament tape across the trailing edge, top and bottom, would, you coud also strap it wingtip to wingtip across the spars. It'll be heavier, though.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 08:43:28 AM »
Cover it with the SLC covering that Phil sells.  Might think about moving leadouts back a little also.  Looks good.  I have two I got off the bay.  One with Novel and both with uni flo tanks.  have only flown the Norvel one and it flies great.  My brother-in-law flew for the first time with it.  My grandaughter even likes the way it flies.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 06:35:41 PM »
When did you get the kit?  Everything that has gone out in the last year or more was supposed to have covering in it.  Drop me an email and I'll send you a bit.
phil Cartier

Offline Iskandar Taib

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 05:16:02 AM »
It wasn't covered?? I missed that bit.. Yeah, the wing should be covered in plastic. Otherwise the oil gets in and soaks into the foam.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here