News:

• April 23, 2024, 06:02:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I don't usually post here but its funny.  (Read 1431 times)

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
I don't usually post here but its funny.
« on: December 25, 2006, 11:10:37 AM »
I think it was funny anyway. At one of our contest we had last year I think it was the scale contest (which I do not fly yet) there was a couple guys form ILL over in the grass flying combat. So I walked over to have a look. I flew some combat in the late 60 early 70. winders and such. G21.35 and a 100 mph ringmaster. I had not picked up a high speed handle in a LONG TIME!. I told the guy I use to fly some combat and I asked If I could fly his fastest wing. Nelson .36.

He said do you think you can fly it? I said yes. I told him to short tank it. He said he would. Heat beating a 1000mph he let it go. Round and round I went. Started to get dizzy. Better do some loops. WING-WING-WING went the sound of the plane. then out side again WING-WING-WING.

I had never met the man and he had never saw me fly before, after I was done with a 3 min flight (seemed like forever) he said want to go again? I said NOT A CHANCE!!

What a thrill they haul A$$. Thats the end of my combat thinking.
AMA 12366

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: I don't usually post here but its funny.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 09:49:25 AM »
Aw Bob, don't hang up your combat handle so soon.  A Nelson-powered fast ship is a bit much, but still fun.  Get your hands on a decent speed limit plane with a 25 or an F2D with an older engine, something that runs in the 75-80 mph bracket.  They are loads of fun to sport fly and practice the stunt pattern with- 45 deg. high cloverleafs, 20 ft. wide eights, etc.  They can do wonders for tuning up your reflexes.  It's amazing, but not surprising, how much more time the maneuvers take with a stunter after you've been flying a zippier plane.  Learning to feel out what a fast, light plane is doing also gives you a much better feel for what a bigger stunter is doing in the maneuvers.
phil Cartier

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 12:27:48 PM »
By reading this I can not wait to get my Scrapper in the air. I hope it will get me tuned up. And I hope I get to mix it up a little with my flying buddy.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Dennis Vander Kuur

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 01:03:14 PM »
Yep,
I was at the St. Louis contest in the stunt pit area when over in the west practice area this combat job takes to the air. It was flying around ZING, ZING, ZING going like a bat out of hello!!!  I was watching the flight when my buddy came up and said Sparky was flying that combat plane. I couldn't tell if Sparky was flying it or if it was flying Sparky. I gotta give Sparky credit though. He did OK and got it down in one piece. I wouldn't have lasted even 3 laps before getting screwed into the ground n~.
DennisV
Dennis L. Vander Kuur
AMA 29292

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here