Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Combat

Great find !!

(1/1)

dankar:
Have two big cabinets with model goodies. Looking for a certain kit found an unbuilt Allen plane Combat ship. Also found my Rev-up 8 1/2 X 6 1/2 props. Looks like my Fox MK4 from Tom Muggleton will get a work out. It is upgraded to a very strong Mk6. I don'y fly contests but like flying a good ship. I still have a good Veco .35CS from early 60's and it still runs decent. Cheers,Dan   #^ #^

Steven Kientz:
Was at a friends house , he was organizing his engine cabinet(50 years of flying C/L & R/C). He handed me a ST G21, with very little time on it. He had added a R/c carb at some time. Said he had bought the engine to fly combat(mid 60s) ended up using it on a R/C trainer for a few flights. He also has a ST .15(?) that looks brand new. Might have to see if I can take a picture of it to post.

Steve

Just One-eye:

--- Quote from: dankar on May 15, 2008, 04:48:29 PM ---Have two big cabinets with model goodies. Looking for a certain kit found an unbuilt Allen plane Combat ship. Also found my Rev-up 8 1/2 X 6 1/2 props. Looks like my Fox MK4 from Tom Muggleton will get a work out. It is upgraded to a very strong Mk6. I don'y fly contests but like flying a good ship.

--- End quote ---

Actually, the Mk V was detuned from what a Mk IV had.  It came with a bushing front end, a mild shaft timing, and only the single standard NVA (the Combat engines after the III came with twin NVAs, one for a bladder setup, the other for suction feed).  You probably meant that Muggleston's work got it closer to being a Mk VI. 

dankar:
Never said anything about Mk5. MK4 converted to MK6.
Dan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version