News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:00:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Voodoo unequal wing panels  (Read 1614 times)

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Voodoo unequal wing panels
« on: November 26, 2021, 11:53:37 AM »
The Voodoo has unequal wing panels. Has anyone ever built a voodoo or similar design with EQUAL wing panels successfully? , and just added extra tip weight? Thanks.
Kevin

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
Re: Voodoo unequal wing panels
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 01:21:26 PM »
Keep it stock.

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 04:07:05 PM »
The Voodoo has unequal wing panels. Has anyone ever built a voodoo or similar design with EQUAL wing panels successfully? , and just added extra tip weight?

As I recall, I made Nemesis II wings with equal wing panels and no tip weight--the ones for .015" lines, anyhow.  They all used bladder tanks, so the CG was farther to the right than it would have been for a hard tank or pacifier. 

I made a couple of them with longer outside wings and tip weight.  They worked the same as the normal ones until the engine quit. Then they would glide around inside the circle.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 05:32:12 PM »
I decided to go with a 2020 version Winder, its seems to be designed for a bladder, unlike the Voodoo.
 https://vintageperformancemodelairplanes.com/collections/control-line-combat-kits-19-35/products/winder-19-35-cl-combat-kit-by-vintage-performance

Offline Mark wood

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • I'm here purely for the fun of it.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 05:44:21 PM »
I decided to go with a 2020 version Winder, its seems to be designed for a bladder, unlike the Voodoo.
 https://vintageperformancemodelairplanes.com/collections/control-line-combat-kits-19-35/products/winder-19-35-cl-combat-kit-by-vintage-performance

Back in the day I built most of the combat wings. I really liked the Winders.
Life is good AMA 1488
Why do we fly? We are practicing, you might say, what it means to be alive...  -Richard Bach
“Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.” – Richard P. Feynman

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 12:55:03 AM »
Thanks Mark. The Winder was the 1st large combat plane i ever built some 30 years ago. It was short lived as I dont recall completing even one lap. Years later i built another from scratch. It was great until the engine seized from not enough oil. This time I will do everything right.😈
Kevin

Online Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 08:42:40 AM »
I have always believed the design concept that a wing produces more lift on the the faster-moving outboard side.  Thus, as I see it, the engine is placed on the true center of lift, which is about a inch or so outside the center of the wing.
The wing panels are equal, but the body is located outboard, astride the center of lift.
If the center of gravity is NOT aligned with the the center of lift, a rocking or hinging action ensures.
While this problem can be solved with tip weight, an offset body is more efficient.

I don't just make this stuff up. I am in agreement with the great combat and stunt designers.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here