News:

• June 03, 2024, 02:42:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DCT TT bid  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
DCT TT bid
« on: February 06, 2015, 10:02:57 AM »
I have been notified that The Detroit Combat Team and The Strathmoor Model Club have submitted an offer to again host the F2D Team Trials at beautiful River Rouge Park In Detroit Michigan.   As I recall this will be the 5th or 6th time we hosted the TT in the Detroit area since 1987 and we've always done pretty well.

The dates are Labor Day weekend from September 4th through 7th.  We have enlarged the practice area.  There is no limit to how early you can arrive and test fly.

As is our custom, we will run a low budget operation that leaves as much entry fee money as possible in the travel fund.

The winners will receive a no expense paid vacation Australia, which I have never seen and probably never will.  Take that into account when you decide to compete.  On the up side, this will hurt the eastern Europeans a lot worse.
Paul Smith

ChrisSarnowski

Re: DCT TT bid
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 09:23:45 AM »
Hi Paul,

Could you sync up with Bob Mears on this? He is the MACA VP of Team Trials. I believe there was also a plan to do the team trials at the NATS again. That is perceived by some to be good, since they can get more turnout for both the NATs and Team Trials if they are at same location and back-to-back timing.

-Chris

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 12:39:51 PM »
The Strathmoor Club has generously offered to host the 2015 TT on Labor day weekend.

There is a line of thinking that favors Labor Day because it allows the whole summer to practice and prepare and because it's closer to the WC.   There is a also a line of thinking that The Nats is big enough without the TT and that a separate TT at different venue helps promote combat at a venue in addition to Muncie.

For those flying in via airlines, Detroit is less expensive and there are plenty of hotel rooms.

This is open to voting.  I hope the issue is decided by people who actually plan to fly in or work at the TT, and not just casual opinion.
Paul Smith

ChrisSarnowski

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 06:58:51 AM »
The contact information for the team trials selection committee is at http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/teamselectioncommittees.aspx

I don't think it is just a straight up vote of the general public, but instead the committee members vote. I could be wrong there.

But I think if people want to see the F2D Team Trials in Detroit, they should let the team selection committee know.

-Chris

Offline Bob Mears

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 09:18:51 AM »
Your correct Chris. The vote is by the team selection committee. Here is a list of the Committee. Contact your representative to make your opinion heard.
I think the team trials should be at Muncie, along with the Nats, showing support to AMA with our event. If I wanted convenient for me I would bid it in Lubbock. AMA was impressed with the program and entries last time. It cost more to do it in Muncie. But I have recruited some excellent judges by at least paying for their motel rooms for the team trials. If we want a professional run event, we have to run it professionally.

Control Line Combat (F2D) Team Selection Committee
II. James Gall, 82 Summit Ave., Garfield, NJ 07026-2816 jgamaclr2@hotmail.com
III. Phil Cartier, 34 Sweet Arrow Dr., Hummelstown, PA 17036-2718  philcartier@earthlink.net
V. W M Henry, 269 Elysian Fields, Nashville, TN 37211
VI. Chris Gay, 3 S. 638 Wilber Ave., Warrenville, IL 60555 windjmmr40@aol.com
VII. Louis Scavone, 41312 Memphis Dr., Sterling Heights, MI 48313-3355 louscavone@comcast.net
VIII. Bobby Mears, 6711 Quincy Ave., Lubbock, TX 79424-0715 bmears9413@aol.com
IX. Cary Minor, 221 S. Washington, Iola, KS 66749 dozerf2d@sbcglobal.net
X. Rich Von Lopez, 8334 Colegio Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90045-2406 richvon7@hotmail.com
XI. Howard Rush, 14321 S.E. 63rd. St., Bellevue, WA 98006-4802 hmrush@comcast.net

Home of the control line combat museum.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here