News:

• May 04, 2024, 08:34:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: slo COMBAT  (Read 1371 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
slo COMBAT
« on: May 10, 2010, 09:30:15 AM »
    I just received word that our two Slo Combat kit prototypes are on their way and once Okay-ed we can look at an early June release or maybe sooner.  The one that you might have heard of is the MONGOOSE, the other one is similar but lesser known APOCALYSPE.  I use to fly the Apocalyspe and won many local contest with it.  Designed in 1977 it was easy to build and could out fly just about anything else.
Larry
Black Hawk Models

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: slo COMBAT
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 08:45:26 PM »
I presume that you know that the Slow Combat event pretty much no longer exists.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 06:37:10 AM »
     Slo Combat does not exist at AMA sanctioned contest however Black Hawk Models does not make any "contest" models in any category.  We sell lots of Demon Combat wings, they are not used in AMA contest, but lots of people fly them for the fun of it.
     While I am on this subject I might as well tick a bunch of people off.  The main advantage of slo combat is that it was a pilot against pilot contest. At slower speeds the pilots had time to use strategy to out wit their opponents during the match.  I once saw four pilots flying together in teams of two .... what a blast. Two pilots working together to out fly two other pilots.
Larry

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 10:08:10 AM »
Yep back in the day when slo-combat was slow combat.  I remember our club using the SIG Fokker and Spad kits for combat.  They were slow with stut 35's and looked real. By the way some people keep forgetting that there are more sport flyers than competition flyers.H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 12:25:44 PM »
Doc, Your Okay!
     About 10 years ago a study was done to find out how many control line fliers there were in the U. S. and they came up with a number of 80,000. Seem like a lot? compared to R/C fliers it is a drop in the bucket. If you see how many go to contest or join the AMA then you know that the majority are "Sport Fliers". For most of that 10 year period the numbers decreased but a couple of years ago this reversed and started to go back up as the Baby Boomers began to arrive. As companies like Sterling, Scientific, Midwest and Carl Goldberg dropped out of control line Sport models began to disappear and mostly contest models were made. When we came into the model industry we decided that we would concentrate on sport models and let Brodak and RSM have the contest models. This has worked very well for us, so I doubt that we will change.
Larry
Black Hawk Models
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 07:18:34 PM by LARRY RICE »

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 05:00:55 PM »
Larry,

Is the MONGOOSE going to be available any time soon and what is the estimated kit price.  Just a another sport flier.....wondering...........TDurrill          ???   #^

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 07:14:32 PM »
We are looking at early June for delivery and the price will be set next week as soon as the laser cutter gives me his price. My off the wall guess would put it in around $65.00, but don't hold me to that.

Thanks for asking
Larry
Black Hawk Models

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 07:49:06 AM »
The Spider, designed by Lew Woolard and Mike Tallman, and included in the last Control Line World was a good flyer and a good looker.
Paul Smith

Offline dick shannon

• New Pilot
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 10:41:38 PM »
Slow combat does exist in Phoenix Az,,,, lot of it goes on every weekend at our site..... f2d, SLOW,,, NOW FAST COMBAT OR BETTER yet BIG Block combat is going on in Wa state at the bladder grabber tomorrow and sunday.. folks from all over the USA up... Jeff Dawson Tx designer and builder of the famous Sonic CHICKEN, Bad boy Jeff and Steve from Phoenix will be the, plus the locals out of Wa who took 3 first out of the AMA national combat contests.... hang on for the results and photos in FLYING LINES A great online new letter of all their flying....

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 04:10:02 AM »
    For all those interested the Apocalypse and Mongoose kits are on their way to dealers starting Wednesday 8-11-2010 at the introductory price of $50.00 SRP.  This is one heck of a bargin. 
Larry

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here