Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Combat

Converted Pattern Bat

(1/2) > >>

Steve Kientz:
I was given a R/C Pattern Bat (partially finshed) by a good friend. He thought it could be converted to C/L fairly easy. I'm to the point where I need to decide about a powerplant. The motor mounts are sized to where a OS 15 LAS I have will fit. As a R/C plane these were flown with .11 size engines. My question is, at 366 sq. in. is this to big or heavy for a .15? The plans show a  2 oz. tank,plenty of room for that. For the bellcrank mount I used two 1/4" hardwood square dowels and ply, this ties the engine mount and tail assembly together. I'm trying not to and any more weight to the structure than I have to. I do have a spare OS .25 LAS I could use . This plane is for sport flying only. I know several old combat flyers that like to tear up the skies, but usually only fly several minutes at a time.
Any advice would be helpful.

Steve

john e. holliday:
In my opinion that should work great on 52 foot .012 lines.  Let us know how it goes.  DOC Holliday

Iskandar Taib:
366 sq. in. is actually a little small by modern standards for a .15. The important thing is - what does it weigh?

Steve Kientz:
I haven't had a chance to finish the airframe, just started a new job. Most of it was completed when I inherited it. I plan on using ultra cote and very little paint on the engine mount and tail. will post once i get it covered and painted.

Steve

john e. holliday:
As the kid keeps saying, "Is it done yet"?.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version