Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Combat

Combat Kitten

(1/4) > >>

kevin king:
It seems the Combat kitten's control geometry is wacked. Way to sensitive. I cant wrap my head around it. Seems like way to much elevator throw with so little movement on the leadouts. I guess i have to make a handle with 1" line spacing.

Fredvon4:
And have the push rod in the closest hole to the pivot on the bell crank, and furthest hole away from the hinge line on the elevator, seriously consider replacing elevator horn with a longer arm version

kevin king:

--- Quote from: Fredvon4 on December 28, 2021, 04:52:21 AM ---And have the push rod in the closest hole to the pivot on the bell crank, and furthest hole away from the hinge line on the elevator, seriously consider replacing elevator horn with a longer arm version

--- End quote ---
I thought about cutting the sheeting open to fix the bellcrank throw or replace it but its to much work.

Moving the pushrod up from the elevator is a good idea Fred.

The engine offset also seems a bit extreme.

kevin king:
Motorman. Thanks for the suggestion but I dont want to start cutting into the wing or invest alot of time into this combat Kitten. It has other issues as well such as a warped wing. I can adjust the line spacing at the handle or raise the pushrod higher on the elevator and its ready for paint.

I'm just killing time waiting for my Fox 36 mk vi  powered Winder kit to arrive. 😈

Paul Smith:
Too much pushrod travel is NEVER a problem if you have the option of going to a taller control horn. 

There is actually a mechanical advantage of the tall vs short control horn, even with the same net result.

If you can't put your hand on a tall control horn, just shim up what you have with wood.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version