Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Combat

Combat Kitten

<< < (2/4) > >>

kevin king:
The Kit I bought is named the Winder II, because it has several upgrades including the spar. Check it out.

https://vintageperformancemodelairplanes.com/products/winder-19-35-cl-combat-kit-by-vintage-performance?_pos=2&_sid=e62bf949e&_ss=r

Reptoid:

--- Quote from: Motorman on December 30, 2021, 02:25:58 PM ---That's going to need one beefy spar! I think Terry used spruce with the old SuperTigres.

--- End quote ---
The original winder was completely different than the winder II from Stan. It had a very thin airfoil and only one 1/4" sq spar down the center halfway back. All of Terry's were fiber glassed in the center. That was a big problem for most who built the sterling kit and didn't glass it; first hard corner would fold it. That being said the winder is a very small airplane for Mk VI kind of power. A reasonable size for that engine, in order to fly like a real combat airplane would be more like 450 sq."

kevin king:
I also read that he used silk and brushed on 20 coats of dope.

kevin king:
Removed alot of engine offset. It looked extreme. Also, I am looking for a good quality image the cat if anyone has it.

Dave Hull:
If your last request was for a pic of the "cat,"  here is my Combat Cat....

One brushed coat of MonoKote. Center section has 0.00 oz glass cloth. Engine is a StupidTigre thirsty-five on case pressure using a heavily derusted T-21 tank.

The Divot McSlow

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version