News:

• May 03, 2024, 11:55:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CHARLIE HUFF'S OFFSPRING..WAAAAY BACK IN THE 60'S!!!!  (Read 683 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
CHARLIE HUFF'S OFFSPRING..WAAAAY BACK IN THE 60'S!!!!
« on: November 06, 2008, 10:02:59 AM »
The NW legendary stunt judge....#ONE SON!!!!
May the Great Good Lord rest his soul....DISLIKED INTENSELEEEEE' THIS PHOTO OF HIS VERY YOUNG COMBAT FANATICAL RADICAL SON...CHARLEY JR.

Does he still fly combat today???? LL~ LL~
Don Shultz

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: CHARLIE HUFF'S OFFSPRING..WAAAAY BACK IN THE 60'S!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 07:44:26 AM »
Combat was fun back in the 60's when we were still trying to get planes to run over 100 mph.  I think my average speed back then  was about 95 without a streamer.  I think in 64 I finally had one consistently go over 100 mph minus streamer, but, for me was a lot of work to fly a match.  Was flying Big Irons, Voodoos and Giant Killers.  Engines were Foxes and Johnsons.  I think that is why speed limit is making combat fun again.  Seems to me I used to be one of those skinny kids back then.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: CHARLIE HUFF'S OFFSPRING..WAAAAY BACK IN THE 60'S!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 03:36:39 PM »
Combat was fun back in the 60's when we were still trying to get planes to run over 100 mph.  I think my average speed back then  was about 95 without a streamer.  I think in 64 I finally had one consistently go over 100 mph minus streamer, but, for me was a lot of work to fly a match.  Was flying Big Irons, Voodoos and Giant Killers.  Engines were Foxes and Johnsons.  I think that is why speed limit is making combat fun again.  Seems to me I used to be one of those skinny kids back then.  DOC Holliday
Right on John....
My old Big Iron shown below...had a Fox 36x BB (or somethin like that...and a baby pasifyer' tank that always had a habit of "poppin-off" at the wrong time
You have seen this photo before...but here is a shot of my old BIG IRON...George Lieb, (my combat mentor) and Riley Wooten...all as young young men...waaaaaaay back in the very very early 60's in Lakewood, Wa. near McCord Airforce base.
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here