News:

• April 24, 2024, 10:26:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CG on F2D combat model.  (Read 1784 times)

Offline ALBERTO CABALLERO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
CG on F2D combat model.
« on: April 05, 2011, 09:44:29 PM »
Hello to every body.

I had the new F2D model 2011 from VIKO model Co in Ukraine , Veliaev tipe,  but , I had many problem in flight , I can not find the way to fly stable. can some body tell me where is the CG location in this tipe of model please.

Alberto from Florida

Online Paul Smith

• Admiral
Re: CG on F2D combat model.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 03:11:31 AM »
I had the same problem.  I added a 1/2" extension to the built-in wood engine mount on the model.  This allowed me to slide the metal engine mounts forward to make the model balance for me.

Some people LIKE the plane to be jumpy.  I would rather be able to fly low.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:17:21 PM by Paul Smith »
Paul Smith

Offline Brad LaPointe

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 12:11:07 PM »
Depending on the model the cg should be around the centre line of the bladder compartment.To slow down the turning rate pull the engine out as far as possible on the mounts.

If that doesn't do it put the push rod to the top of the control horn.You can shim the base of the control horn to raise it even more.As a last resort trim about 5mm off the t.e. of the elevator.

A narrower Handel will slow things down also.If all else fails get a faster engine as this will slow down the turning.

Brad

Online Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 03:23:14 PM »
It's raining like crazy around here.  At this rate, we won't be able to get into a flying field for another three weeks.  Wha da ya tink?

I've got ONE new planes to test fly from my winter building effort. 

The only other F2Der in town is younger than me and he slides the engine back, uses the bottom hole, and glues a kopack to the flipper.
Paul Smith

Offline Brad LaPointe

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 06:59:42 AM »
The local flying field (my back 40) is under water. Last year the locals had all the sugar beets ,peas and a lot of corn planted.Looking at the 2 week forecast I'm predicting a first of May start up for both flying and farming.Maybe.

We have been flying at the local ball park .That won't last for long.Trimming F2D planes is a time consuming proposition,having a heat gun handy helps .A tail heavy model with a warp is very nasty as they will turn on you. Literally.

Brad

Offline ALBERTO CABALLERO

• New Pilot
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 08:05:45 PM »
Thank you very much for all your help .
 I send a mail to VIKO model , they said the CG have to be 18% of the wing.
I don't had any time for do a test , but I hope this thing work.

Cheers

Alberto

Offline Brad LaPointe

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 06:47:48 AM »
Remember these models are designed by pros who fly many times a week .What they feel is a properly trimmed model is very hard for average flyers to be comfortable with.Two things can be done.First take performance out of the model(cg.forward),second practice a lot.If enough practice is done performance may be returned to the model.(move the cg. back)

Brad LaPointe

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here