News:

• March 29, 2024, 08:58:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bladder tubing  (Read 827 times)

Offline Ara Dedekian

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • Ara Dedekian
Bladder tubing
« on: May 19, 2023, 04:34:37 PM »

I've got these stretchy tubes of various diameters and thicknesses from exercise equipment. They feel like latex tubing and labeled light duty to heavy duty. Has anyone used these for bladders?

Ara

Offline Reptoid

• Captain
Re: Bladder tubing
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 01:31:28 AM »
I have used the "Theraband" brand in different sizes and it works OK. Generally higher pressure than surgical latex but I gave up because their sizes and color coding change all the time and I could never get the same stuff twice when ordering samples
Regards,
       Don
       AMA # 3882

Offline Ara Dedekian

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Ara Dedekian
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 01:10:14 PM »

Don,

Thanks for the reply. I Googled Thera.Band and got the specs.  Seems OK to make up a couple of bladders to try at Brodaks.

Ara

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 07:46:34 PM »

Don,

Thanks for the reply. I Googled Thera.Band and got the specs.  Seems OK to make up a couple of bladders to try at Brodaks.

Ara
[/quote/] Hi Ara,  hope to see you at Brodak's this year.  Don't worry about the tubing.  Fill it as gently as possible.  Keep it clean-  Most auto supply stores have several types of to use and different kinds of lubricants for them..  Or, the Thera Band will work.

Sturdy, uniform and even sizing on the tubing does make it easier to set the engines consistently.

Phil Cartier

717-566-3810
phil Cartier

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here