Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Combat

Att: Phil C or anyone that knows ST-36

(1/2) > >>

Gordan Delaney:
Bought a ST-36 Schneurle Ported. A lot different than the ST-35 G21.It is not a Perry port,but a real schneurle ported engine. I think it must of come out after I quit flying Combat. Nice looking  engine. Do you know anything about this engine or seen one run.

Thanks
Gordy

phil c:
I got a Supertigre G-34 Schneurle motor.  double ball bearings, it ran OK.  It was choked a bit by a 13mm(?) crank.  It was also kinda heavy, north of 9 oz.  It also was ringed which has never been a good idea in combat, anyway.  Hit the ground and get silt-sized particles in the ring would really screw things up.

I never saw a 35/36 version of the similar G-40 engine.  It would have been a dud at well over 12 oz. as a G-35

Dan Hay:
     Here are two of my ST .36s.  Modified by Henry Nelson a year or few before the Nelson .36 was introduced. Some differences between them, both are aac, one has a "eyebrow" on the exhaust port, one uses a standard plug the other a Nelson plug.  They weigh 8.9 oz. after going on a diet. I think these are the model that had a large S on the case. I've never looked inside.

Gordan Delaney:
Hi DAN,  That is the same as I was asking about. Have you every run yours and if so how did the run. Fast or maybe just OK?
Thanks
Gordy

Dan Hay:
Hi Gordan,  Yes they were fast and would restart when hot. I ran them on 25% nitro but have been told 40% to 50% would make them light up.  They were pigs on fuel four ounces was good for two minutes, but most matches were over by then.  Not up to the power of a Nelson or Fora but good for the time they were made. Mine were modified by Henry, so I don't know how a stock one preformed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version