News:

• May 27, 2024, 11:35:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Plea from Bob Carver  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Plea from Bob Carver
« on: September 01, 2014, 01:00:15 AM »
Bob asked me to forward this to the combat community.  It's maybe not appropriate here, but it's an opportunity to meet the new Mrs. Carver, a nice lady. 

This letter is from Peggy and me, Bob Carver; we are newlyweds, and Peggy has a very exciting announcement!
    Here she is . . .

My Hatchfund fundraising campaign for my evening-length solo work, Touch Me Here, has just launched!  Touch Me Here is my latest work, and is a hyper-human breakdown of the body in motion. Also joining me on stage is musician, Scott Bell, who will be playing an original musical score on cello. 
    This show will be self-produced and I’m reaching out to you to help me make it happen. The premiere is just twelve weeks away!  I am aiming to raise $6500.00 by September 29th to cover artist fees, venue rental fees, and administrative costs. I am also offering special perks in return for contributions so please make sure to have a look.
If you can support this project with a tax-deductible donation, in any capacity, together we can make this idea a reality. Sharing the project with others and sending me your thoughts are also very valuable ways to show your support.
    I decided to partner with Hatchfund for this campaign because they are a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting artists.  Their mission is to provide resources and support to the artists who advance culture and inspire brilliance.
    You can read all about Touch Me Here and view a brief video about the project by clicking on this link:

https://www.hatchfund.org/project/touch_me_here

I cannot tell you how excited I am to share this work with you.  Please consider making a tax-deductible donation today.
Gratefully,
Peggy Piacenza

The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

James_Mynes

Re: Plea from Bob Carver
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 10:28:06 AM »
(snip)It's maybe not appropriate here,(snip)

I agree

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Plea from Bob Carver
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 02:11:58 PM »
Bob, in flusher times, donated many thousands of dollars in cash and prizes for combat contests, eg. a 10-foot streamer made of hundred-dollar bills, so I don't feel too bad about posting the above message.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here