News:

• April 27, 2024, 07:28:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hard tank engine venturi setup  (Read 843 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Hard tank engine venturi setup
« on: April 02, 2013, 01:27:34 PM »
Guys,
What is the recommended engine venturi size for a 35 size engine when using crankcase pressure into a hard tank? I seem to remember you couldn't get them to run right with the same venturi you use for conventional suction.

Best,          DennisT

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
Re: Hard tank engine venturi setup
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 02:59:15 PM »
Dennis ,what 35 are u talking about , the small venturi should work fine .if you are having trouble with settings it is probly the needle valve  we used to run K&B 35's in pressure with the standard K&B ratchet needle valve with as big a hole as we could get in the  pressure fitting and had no trouble with settings, we didnt know any better .now they run a .010 hole which to me seems to be harder to set Bob
rad racer

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
Re: Hard tank engine venturi setup
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »
There's no set answer for your question, but let me suggest this:

Assuming your engine ran OK on suction with a .275 venturi, I would say that going up to about .320 would give you the power boost that pressure allows.  Lots of people have gone bigger. Beyond a point the engine is sucking all the air it can get and a bigger hole doesn't bring in any more. 

In F2D they reduced the venturi from "wide open all you can get" to 4 mm and the speed didn't come down all that much.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here

Advertise Here