News:

• April 18, 2024, 08:37:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/2 A engine mounts for Cyclons, Profi, Fora engines.  (Read 1174 times)

Offline kenneth cook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
1/2 A engine mounts for Cyclons, Profi, Fora engines.
« on: March 19, 2012, 06:19:30 PM »
     I've been trying for quite some time to purchase engine mounts of this style. With the help of fellow flyers, I was able to receive a mount to use my engines on 1/2 A combat planes. These engines have a radial mount so these beams are required to take you straight from the noseblock to the radial portion of the engine mount. Working with some input from other 1/2 A enthusiasts, we decided on a slotted single bolt hole retention. The mounts are milled to accept a 4-40 locknut while the holes on the radial are 2-56 threads. The mount itself is 6061 T-6 aluminum. The fellow who has already made me some of these mounts was asking if there were others interested,. These are machined on a computerized mill. I've posted some pictures to see the size which is 1 1/4" long with an inside dimension of 3/4". These mounts are currently available on Ebay on a Buy It Now auction. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Profi-049-8cc-and-1cc-Engine-Mount-for-1-2A-Combat-Freeflight-and-Racing?item=260988404855&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7249152883386213578 

ken

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:35:25 AM by kenneth cook »

ChrisSarnowski

Re: 1/2 A engine mounts for Cyclons, Profi, Fora engines.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 06:51:09 PM »
Hi Ken,

Thanks for seeing this project through to production! The mounts look great, and hey they're made in the USA!

-Chris

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 03:36:40 PM »
                 Just for the record Chris, this was the first time I ever did a project like this. Working via the internet is great for speed but quite difficult to convey from a dimensional standpoint. I had made some sketches and pictures. Yes, They're proudly made in USA! Ken

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 07:43:06 AM »
Hi Ken,
         The mounts look great. I would recommend using two 4-40 bolts to hold the mount to the noseblock.This will help prevent the engine from pivoting on the noseblock, especially if you collide with another model or hit the ground(dont ask me how I know).
Al

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 09:17:00 AM »
          Al, I do understand. The reasoning for the milled slot was for slight cg adjustments. The reasoning behind the single bolt hole was that it could possibly provide some resistance to prop breakage. As it was explained to me it could also prevent the rear bearing from popping out in a hard nose dive which could damage several internals including the case. Once the desired position of the mount has been achieved, drilling a through hole shouldn't be a difficult task if desired. I found on one of my planes I used the mount on, I used two small pieces of sandpaper glued back to back under the beams. This worked quite well. Ken

ChrisSarnowski

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 04:12:38 PM »
Ok, I have one of these mounts coming my way.

I will probably get the Profi 049 for it.

-Chris

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here