News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:44:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wanted, something in a .51 size for a Sig Magnum  (Read 1148 times)

Offline P Maset

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Wanted, something in a .51 size for a Sig Magnum
« on: August 26, 2021, 07:51:57 PM »
Hi everyone, I am getting ready to build a Sig Magnum, and I am looking for an engine. I am thinking of something in the .51 range, since I have a tendency to build a tic heavy. TIA.

Pat

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
Re: Wanted, something in a .51 size for a Sig Magnum
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 08:11:55 PM »
Hello,
I would recommend a Randy Smith Magnum XLS 52 ABC along with a tongue muffler, very nice running engine with great power and not as thirsty as an old ST 60.  It has as much if not more power and lighter weight.  Great combo that will serve you well.

Later,
Mike Pratt

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 09:04:29 PM »
Randy Smiths Magnum 52XLS is a fantastic engine. More than enough power for a heavy Sig Magnum!

The problem will be if he has one, or, if he can find the necessary materials to make one.

Good luck.
Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Walter Hicks

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 11:26:08 PM »
P Maset, I have a like new bench ran only Stock Magnum 52 Xl ,with a CL venture and NVA Pm Me if you want to buy it.

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 08:56:16 AM »
Randy Smiths Magnum 52XLS is a fantastic engine. More than enough power for a heavy Sig Magnum!

The problem will be if he has one, or, if he can find the necessary materials to make one.

Good luck.
Craig

Craig,
I’ve built no less than eight Magnums with the heaviest being 60 ounces with a ST 60.  The kits builds at a reasonable weight, it’s only the builder that makes it heavy (like most kits).  When you think about it, a 60 ounce 700 sq. in. model is quite good, I’m thinking that with the modern engines it would be easy to build in the low 50’s with out much trouble.  Yes I’ve heard of people building them really heavy 70 + ounces but ive never built one that heavy, I think you have to try to make it that heavy.

Mike Pratt

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here