News:

• April 18, 2024, 11:41:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wanted: Sig Bearcat kit  (Read 700 times)

Offline Tom_Fluker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Wanted: Sig Bearcat kit
« on: August 01, 2022, 11:11:23 AM »
I'm looking for a old Sig Bearcat kit (the small one with a wing span of ~26").  Hoping some kit collector may have one hidden away somewhere.  These haven't been produced in a long, long time.

Thanks,

Tom

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Wanted: Sig Bearcat kit
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 12:09:52 PM »
   Keep your eye out for the Berkeley kit. SIG took the Berkeley line over and repackaged the Bearcat and the Thunderbolt plus a few others after Berkeley closed up.  They do show up on eBay but others are looking also.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 10:51:15 PM »
Hi Tom,

Like Dan just explained, the Sig Bearcat kit started out as a Berkeley kit.  I have a disk with most if not all of the Berkeley kit plans.  Evidently, it is too large to attach to this message.
I might be able to send you that pdf on a thumb drive if you are interested.

I am pretty sure you would be able to build a model from these plans.  The fuselage formers are shown, your should be able to reproduce the ribs, the fuselage is planked, the rest is fairly routine.

Keith

Offline Bob Heywood

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 06:40:40 PM »
It was also kitted briefly by FOX. Duke Fox bought Berkeley and then sold the line to SIG.
"Clockwise Forever..."

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 08:23:10 PM »
It was also kitted briefly by FOX. Duke Fox bought Berkeley and then sold the line to SIG.

I know I have heard that through the years, but I think that Fox owned it for such a short period of time, that they really never did "produce" anything. I believe it was merely a matter of months. I think Duke may have realized that be bit off more than he could chew, and when he had a chance, he sold the Berkeley line to SIG. I have been around this hobby and collecting stiff for a LONG LONG time and have never seen anything related to the Berkeley kits with a Fox title block or label on it. SIG didn't even put out the entire Berkeley line. The Bearcat and Thunderbolt were two of the most popular and I have been looking for a Thunderbolt for a long time. Finally found a Berkeley kit but would like a SIG kit just because. The only Fox kit I have ever been able to buy is a stunt kit called the Stunt Runt, a smallish model that oddly enough for it's time came with a 4" bell crank!
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here