News:
Support----><----Support

• May 24, 2019, 02:05:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: wanted: Norvel NV head wrench. Update! Received from NV Engines!  (Read 432 times)

Offline Bill Adair

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
Hi all,

Looking for a new or used Norvel head wrench.

Might also need a new p/l for the NV 15 Big Mig engine. Won't know for sure until I get the head off.

The NV web site appears to be abandoned? Are they out of business?

Bill
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 02:42:49 PM by Bill Adair »
Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Offline Jaco Pass

• New Pilot

Offline Bill Adair

• 2019 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
Re: wanted: Norvel NV head wrench.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 04:54:57 PM »
Jaco,

Thanks, I was able to print out the exploded view, and can read all the info. The engine instructions that came with the engine are too small for me to read.

Unfortunately, the parts I'm interested in are no longer shown on the NV web site.

Bill

Online 944_Jim

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 10:34:56 PM »
Mr Bill,

I've recently bought parts from NVEngines that weren't listed on the website directly from the NVEngines guy.
He uses the website to list parts, and generate traffic. I have his email address some place. Shoot me a PM with your email address. I'll forward you my last text with him so you can see how it works. I know it is the same guy because I have an account on the website, sent a request for information via the website, and received a reply to my RFI via email along with the recommendation to conclude the deal(s) via email.instead.if the site. Parts arrived from the listed price of business.

I've used this unorthodox method of buying from him several times over the last 18-24 months. Odd, but painless, except since it is all email there is no automated transmission of tracking numbers. So you sit on your hands and wait after paying. Each time it took almost a week for the parts to arrive. But I doubt I ordered on a Monday...most likely the delay was the weekend in the middle.

Offline Bill Adair

• 2019 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 11:21:01 PM »
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info, my friend!  H^^

Click on my name, and it shows my email.

Love my Norvel engines, but have not had good luck with the original NV owner. Hopefully this is a new owner.

Later pal,

Bill

Offline mike londke

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 05:48:36 PM »
Mr Bill,

I've recently bought parts from NVEngines that weren't listed on the website directly from the NVEngines guy.
He uses the website to list parts, and generate traffic. I have his email address some place. Shoot me a PM with your email address. I'll forward you my last text with him so you can see how it works. I know it is the same guy because I have an account on the website, sent a request for information via the website, and received a reply to my RFI via email along with the recommendation to conclude the deal(s) via email.instead.if the site. Parts arrived from the listed price of business.

I've used this unorthodox method of buying from him several times over the last 18-24 months. Odd, but painless, except since it is all email there is no automated transmission of tracking numbers. So you sit on your hands and wait after paying. Each time it took almost a week for the parts to arrive. But I doubt I ordered on a Monday...most likely the delay was the weekend in the middle.
I have also ordered some obscure parts from this guy not listed on the website. He told me be patient the parts have to come from the Ukraine.  It took 6 or 8 weeks but sure enough I got what I needed. I'd trust him again.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Bill Adair

• 2019 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 05:57:40 PM »
Mike,

Good to hear that you have also dealt with NV.

I'm still waiting to hear from Dmitri, but I'm in no rush.

Bill

Online 944_Jim

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 06:32:17 PM »
Well, just to time stamp things. I bought my Big Mig .074s from Dmitri probably 3.5 years ago. I'll see if I can find the original email. Then there's been a few orders over time since then. I want to say it was six or seven months before chatting with Mike Londke concerning his BHM Mossie (2x .061s). ISTR being out of pre-back surgery...that was mid 2016. So I figure I bought the engines late 2015.
Wow! Time flies when your're not looking...if I find hard dates, I'll post them.

Offline Bill Adair

• 2019 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 07:11:30 PM »
Jim, Mike,

Just got the NV engines email bounced back, so perhaps he has gone out of business?

Bill

Online 944_Jim

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 09:04:49 PM »
Wow! That sucks!
I found the original emails.from the 2x .074 buy. Almost 3 years ago to the day...17Mar16.
My last purchase was for unlisted muffler screws, a venturi and head gaskets for another .074 I picked up. That order was placed back in September 2018.
If he has gone out of business, then the Norvel-world is about to get expensive.
Is the website still up? I think I had to log in, as in create account, etc in order to message him from the site. It may be worth trying that. Maybe the other email address went stale due to spam.
Man, this is a bummer for me.

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 09:05:29 PM »
            The US contact was Alex   klondike17@juno.com. This was a few years back and certainly worth a try. He would put Dimitri in touch with any of my needs. Sig had the wrench you were seeking. I no longer see the parts listed on their newly revised website. The wrench was $15 at the time.It might be worth contacting Sig in regards to where these parts went.

I also believe there were two styles of this wrench. It certainly is a key wrench as compression will be lost if this isn't adequately tightened. I highly recommend using Permatex Ultra Copper on the threads prior to tightening as this also insures no compression loss around the threads.

I have also made wrenches like this using bar stock aluminum, I have some 1/4" x 1" aluminum in which I drilled a center hole for the plug to protrude and then used 3/32" music wire pins which were inserted into the aluminum using JB weld. The stock wrench used 3 pins.

Online 944_Jim

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 09:09:40 PM »
Ken, that name looks familiar. I think it is the name.on the RCG and RCU "parts are available" threads listing the part numbers and prices quite a few years back. Does that sound right? I copied the list to my wife's computer, but am no where near it now.

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 09:38:04 PM »
              Alex posted here on Stunthangar as well. This is where I have recalled the address. This was also prior to the release of the NV website. I don't frequent the NV site often but a short time ago I do recall the site was having difficulties. This might be why Bill's e-mails bounced back. I would certainly try the above address I have listed to insure the real scoop as to what's going on. One thing I will mention though that came directly from Dimitri was that when I asked for certain parts the response I received was somewhat upsetting. He mentioned that over the past few  years there's been a huge decline in sales and parts. He said the bread and butter of where the company is at currently is in gasoline technology and glow was not of any real importance. Therefore they were just liquidating any parts they offered and the shift was going towards larger gasoline powered engines.

Offline mike londke

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 05:48:26 AM »
 klondike17@juno.com      Ken is correct, that is the email for the guy I was dealing with.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Bill Adair

• 2019 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2019, 02:28:19 PM »
Guys,

Finally made contact with NV engines!!!

Seems the address I was using did not work, but clicking on the Contact tab on the NV web site shows the same email address, but did work! I received a reply the next day, and am ordering the wrench and other parts. Just waiting for a Paypal invoice to send my payment.

I apologize for all the confusion, and especially to NV engines for saying their site was down.

So thanks again for all the help from you forum members.

Bill

Online 944_Jim

• Commander
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 06:36:02 PM »
Phew! That is great to hear. I'd been watching for a Big Mig .15, but held off thinking it may time to look past wet power and into electric.
Is it still Dmitri?

Have you had a chance to run the engine as is?

Offline Bill Adair

• 2019 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 10:39:02 PM »
Jim,

Have not attempted to run the NV 15.

Strangely, there were no names on any of the emails from NV Engines. My Paypal receipt shows Dmitrii Kholmovoi as the Paypal account holder.

Waiting for an order shipping notice. Will let you know when I hear more.

Bill

Offline Bill Adair

• 2019 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 02:40:10 PM »
Head wrench, and parts arrived yesterday. Fast service and prompt shipping by Dmitrii Kholmovoi at NV engines.

Thanks for all the help and hints folks.

Bill

Offline Bill Adair

• 2019 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
Re: wanted: Norvel NV head wrench. Update! Received from NV Engines!
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2019, 05:09:53 PM »
Dalton,

Tried to get the head clamp unscrewed without success. The wrench fits perfectly, but I could not get the clamp to turn with reasonable force. Got out my shrink gun and warmed the head, but still could not move the clamp. Even removed the glow plug because I thought it might be over-tightened, and perhaps jamming the insert and clamp into the head. Didn't help a bit.

I'm taking the engine and the head wrench to a friends house this weekend, as he has been able to free engine parts for me before. My grip (among other things) seems to be fading with age.  :-[  ::)

Will keep you posted.

Bill

Online 944_Jim

• Commander
Re: wanted: Norvel NV head wrench. Update! Received from NV Engines!
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2019, 07:37:46 PM »
Hi Bill,

Sorry to hear the head is stuck firm! When you get it to your buddy's house, I suggest another shot of heat until too hot to touch for any length of time (over say, three seconds), followed by a blast of canned air right on the head-not the block. Turn the can updude down for a really frigid, wet blast. The idea is to expand the outside threads with heat, and contract the inside threads with COLD.

Make a few passes of heat following each with Liquid Wrench or PB Blaster...or go old school-Automatic Transmission Fluid and acetone mixed 50/50. Then try the hot/cold treatment.

So glad to hear Norvel parts are still available...back to looking for my own Big Mig .15 then!

Looking forward to hear the engine run report.

Jim in MS

Tags: