News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:49:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: W.T.B special CL handle  (Read 1031 times)

Offline rich gorrill

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
W.T.B special CL handle
« on: August 17, 2022, 02:19:05 PM »
I'm trying to find an old style handle with the knurled adjusting nut on the bottom of the handle. They were made of metal with a round plastic grip. Maybe someone has one or two hanging around. Dan Banjock "lost" his somewhere and we are trying to find a replacement.   T.I.A Rich

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: W.T.B special CL handle
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 03:38:08 PM »
That description sounds rather like the George Aldrich "Magnum" handle. I've never had one...may have seen one a decade or more ago. With more time to think about this handle, I'm pretty sure that some folks liked to hold the handle with the adjuster on the top, and others liked to hold it with adjuster on the bottom. Not for me, if it has cables. Howard learned that lesson in my behalf.

George sold the rights and production tooling for his handle to B&B Hobby in Spokane, WA but said he never got paid. He was pretty bitter about that. I don't think I've ever been to B&B Hobby, though I've been to Spokane quite a few times.  :'( Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Lyle Spiegel

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 08:16:20 PM »
i think I might have had one. I remember the knurled adjustment feature and handle was a green / greenish blue color. Edges were kind of sharp, had to be sanded or filed a slight radius.  Aa lot of my stuff was  packed away when I moved in 2019. I will have to dig it out.
Lyle
Lyle Spiegel AMA 19775

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 12:16:42 AM »
Any of these?
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Online kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2022, 04:03:45 AM »
               He's in search of the obsolete in flight adjustable combat  Mejzlik handles that George Cleveland  use to sell. Usually, the adjustable knob assembly has fallen out or the handle itself cracks. The one that he misplaced was of a color I had never seen which was like a turquoise. That particular plastic has stood the test of time.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 04:21:01 AM by kenneth cook »

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2022, 01:21:45 PM »
I've been using the model of handle Howard shows in dark blue with the knurled knob, though mine is orange.  While I'm sure that one shouldn't be adjusted in flight, that handle works about as good as Hot Rock.  Easy to adjust.  My major complaint with the pictured dark blue handle is how thin it is, with sharp radii.  For a plane that pulls hard, becomes uncomfortable.  I'm using a red Brodak hard point now, and like it.

https://brodak.com/control-line-parts/handles-1/brodak-small-adjustable-handle.html

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2022, 06:55:13 PM »
Rich,
Something like this one?
John
John Paris

Online kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2022, 12:25:35 PM »
             John, that would be the handle.

Online Tom_Fluker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2022, 01:25:08 PM »
I have one like John shows in his picture if you want it.  Just PM me to let me know where to send it.

I'll get it out in the mail next week.

Tom

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here