News:

• April 18, 2024, 12:59:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: T D 09 piston & liner  (Read 686 times)

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
T D 09 piston & liner
« on: September 13, 2021, 04:47:37 PM »
  H^^  As the caption says I am looking for a piston and liner set for a Cox 09..  Who can help??

Much obliged... :##
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
Re: T D 09 piston & liner
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 06:21:16 PM »
              That is a tough one to locate. I mentioned this before, the .09's have little to no parts support. It's easier to find a entire engine than it is to find what your in search for. The .09's in my opinion didn't gain the popularity of the others. This brings me to the next question. You have asked many questions in regards to these engines.  Why do you need a piston /cylinder? Is your current set down on compression or just non existent?  Many times what feels to be lack of compression is the glow head leaking. This requires a piece of glass and some 400 and oil to flatten the seat area of the plug and a NEW copper gasket . This also requires the proper wrenches to tighten the plug which on the older version it has no cylinder head flats.

I just recently obtained a Tee Dee .09 parts engine and was fortunate that it only required front end venturi parts which are not inexpensive by any means.

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: T D 09 piston & liner
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 05:46:45 AM »

Thanks for the reply, and advice, the Medallion 09 that I am working on has a very small exhaust port(s) so I can't get it apart to check piston/rod connection, again thanks a lot... D>K
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here