News:

• March 28, 2024, 08:27:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nobler ARF Decals Set and Stock Cowling  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Nobler ARF Decals Set and Stock Cowling
« on: June 08, 2022, 04:02:03 PM »
  Just checking top see if anyone has a decal set and un-molested stock cowling from a Nobler ARF kit they would like to divest themselves of ?? I have a previously abused model that has no decorations, and just looking for a simple spruce up after getting the engine, tank mount, run issues solved. I'm pretty much at that point now, and thought that after being cut on and drilled on, cracked and repaired, it could use a new cowling also that fits the OS.35S that I installed in the airplane. Been flying it without the cowling while I have been test flying it to make it easier to make changes. The previous owner has glued gussets and such to the engine mounts so that building on a balsa front end and cowling just won't work with this one. Let me know what you got and what you want for it. I have another Nobler ARF that I am doing the same thing with and it's cowling suffers from the same issues so if I could find two, that would be peachy keen-o!!
  Thanks in advance,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Online Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Nobler ARF Decals Set and Stock Cowling
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 10:39:26 PM »
I sent you a pm, Dan.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 10:26:58 AM »
  Thanks Arlan, I have responded.
  Thanks a lot,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 11:01:51 AM »

.... un-molested stock cowling from a Nobler ARF kit

If anyone wants help, I would be glad to molest that stock cowling for them.  I could have built and finished a green box in the time it took me to get a poor fit over an OD35s and almost get the spinner to line up on that POS.  Finally gave up and carved one.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2022, 07:44:21 AM »
  Thanks to Arlan for helping me out!!  I would still be interested in one more cowling if one shakes loose from any bodies shelves or closets.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline William Fann

• New Pilot
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2022, 09:49:02 AM »
Hi.  I need a Nobler ARF cowling and the brand and color of the covering.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2022, 11:05:39 AM »
Hi.  I need a Nobler ARF cowling and the brand and color of the covering.

With it coming on to winter times and guys being stuck inside, some may get to cleaning up their shop and finding some of the cowlings. i just recently got the second one I was looking for and it had to swim all the way from Australia!! ( Thanks Craig!!) As to the color, I think it is standard Monokote Blue, may also be called Navy Blue. I had to patch some holes in the two I'm working on, and the covering scraps I had on hand did not have labels on them so I don't know for sure. The iron on I had matched pretty good but the two colors of blue self adhesive trim sheets did not match. I believe that these ARFS were NOT covered with Genuine Monokote as advertised. The Score I have had to have some damage to the right wing repaired and I recovered the repair with red Monokote that matched the original covering. But over the ensuing years, the original red covering faded really bad while the repair I covered did not. The white on the original has been terrible about staying stuck down and I never had that problem with genuine Monokote so I have doubts about the white also.
   Some enterprising person with the know how could probably make a plug and reproduce the cowlings or make something better. WIndy used to offer a glass cowling for kit Noblers and I wonder what happened to his plugs for that? And like one would figure a balsa replacement could be made but requires some extra work and additions to the nose structure, but it badly needs that anyway. If I happen across another cowling I'll let you know.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2022, 01:01:45 PM »
I agree that it did not appear to be genuine MonoKote but the color match was perfect on mine.  I think it is Insignia Blue. 

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here