News:
2018----><---- T Shirt

• September 20, 2018, 03:06:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kits from Big Art’s Basement: Updated 26-April  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Kits from Big Art’s Basement: Updated 26-April
« on: April 15, 2018, 04:17:32 PM »
Last summer we moved dad into assisted living, now we have to sell his house.  As you can imagine over the years he has amassed quite a few kits.  Our intent is to list them here first, and any that do not command interest will probably end up on ebay.  Prices shown do NOT include shipping which will be calculated on sale by sale basis (but guess it will be around $15 per CONUS) I prefer Paypal, checks OK too. 

PM any/all kits that interest you!

UPDATE 26-April:  On behalf of Big Art and his family, I want to say THANK YOU to all who have bought kits so far.  There are still quite a few left - I re-sorted the kits still available, and grouped them by competition class. Buy early and buy often!

OLD TIME STUNT
Galloping Comedian – Walter Umland kit of Red Reinhardt’s terrific flying OTS design. $155

Stinger – Brodak laser cut kit of Dale Kirn’s V-tail Goodyear Racer styled OTS design.  Good flyer $120

Super Bipe – deBolt Kit - $100

Firecat #1 – original Jim Walker kit, complete right down to the hard plastic wheels.  The level of prefabrication and pre-shaping is phenomenal. Using CA glue it should be possible to have this one ready to cover in under 2 hours.  Fantastic flyer too.  $250

Firecat #2 – TCI Industries. A gallant attempt to duplicate the Jim Walker kit, outstanding quality and content, TCI opted for Sullivan wheels, included an Acme Fuel Tank, and a nice set of hardware from Hobby Fasteners.  Collectible in its own right.  $200

CLASSIC STUNT & NEWER
Trident (aka U-Name-It, aka No. 570) I went through this and it appears to be complete, most of the parts are punched out.  Seriously, I would only recommend to a builder who might have to improvise some, do not bid if you cannot handle it. $75

PT-19 Midwest Kit. Dave Hemstraught’s design from the early 1960’s.  Great flyer, a rare kit with some unusual kit engineering.  - $150

PT-19 - Walter Umland Kit.  Dave Hemstraught’s design from the early 1960’s.  Great flyer & Walter’s kits are unbeatable.  - $200

Spitfire – Walter Umland’s structurally modernized version of the old Sterling kit.  I have a Sterling kit that is a surprisingly good flyer.  At the very least, Walter’s kit will build better than my Sterling did! $200

Nobler 1 – Green box kit.  All complete, down to the Top Flite wraps on the die cut sheets - $100

Nobler 2 – Green box kit in shrink wrap.  Proven winner from the Classic era - $100

Oriental – Brodak kit, still in shrink wrap, I think it is the die cut version - $75

Original Thunderbird – Brodak kit, still in shrink wrap. The original T-bird used an upright engine with a speed bonnet cowl and a turtle deck style canopy. I think it is the die cut version - $75

Thunderbird – by Veco. This is the second version, with inverted engine, bubble canopy, 610 sq in wing, over/under leadouts and even includes the controversial differential flap horn set-up (hint, don’t use it) . Dad built a couple of these  $125

Shark 45 – Jetco Kit.  Lew McFarland design, “The greatest stunt model ever designed”. Sez so right on the box!  But seriously folks, Sharks fly really well.  $150

COMBAT & MISC.
Voodoo kit 1 – Goldberg kit $50

Buccaneer B Special – Berkeley kit for you SAM members.  Interesting design features, “wing slots prevent whip stalls” and “Tail design arrests spins”.  $100

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 05:43:55 PM by Dennis Adamisin »
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

"The good old days weren't always so good, tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems..."
- Billy Joel

Offline Tony Drago

• Commander
Re: Kits from Big Art’s Basement
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 06:45:27 PM »
Dennis.
 Payment Sent
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 01:38:14 PM by Tony Drago »

Offline Jack Bryan

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 12:49:27 PM »
Hello Dennis:  I would be interested in your Dad's All American Senior  and  the Voodoo kit.  This on line stuff is kind of new to me!!  479-466-8577  I could send you a check

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 01:41:36 PM »
Hello Dennis:  I would be interested in your Dad's All American Senior  and  the Voodoo kit.  This on line stuff is kind of new to me!!  479-466-8577  I could send you a check

Hello Jack
I see this is just your second post - so welcome to Stunt Hanger.  One of the services available is a Personal Message system.  I just sent you a personal message with instructions on how to follow up on this transaction.  To see that message, follow the menu at the top of the page and click on the item call "Messages".  Meanwhile I will mark the items you mentioned as "Sale Pending" until we complete the deal...

and THANK YOU very much!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

"The good old days weren't always so good, tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems..."
- Billy Joel

Offline Fredvon4

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 03:17:07 PM »
I got the ARF flite streak coming...Dennis is too fast....grin

Thank Dennis---- I know too well what a daunting task it is to liquidate a lot of things to all points on the globe...finding, packaging, addressing, tripp to Post office...Royal PITA
Guys if you do Pay pal do not use gift...use pay for items/services....but consider adding a little extra to defray the PayPal costs... The seller can not ask for any extra by the PP rules
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline gordon tarbell

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 08:26:25 PM »
Dennis, I would like to purchase the Skyraider G&S carrier kit for the $75 asked.
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Offline Paul Smith

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 07:05:54 AM »
I traded that Midwest PT-19 to Art for some work he did on a K&B 40 for me.  I thought he was going to build it.
Paul Smith

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 07:28:14 AM »
I traded that Midwest PT-19 to Art for some work he did on a K&B 40 for me.  I thought he was going to build it.

He thought so too! He built two others and really liked the bird.
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

- Billy Joel

Offline Tony Drago

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 05:35:43 PM »
Dennis. Kit arrived in good condition.
 Thank you.

Offline RK Flyer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 03:27:39 PM »
The Black Hawk kits arrived today in fine shape!  At my age (73) I don't fly anymore but I still enjoy building especially 1/2A Kits!  #^

Thanks again, Richard K.

Online Bill Hummel

• Commander
Re: Kits from Big Art’s Basement: Updated 26-April
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 03:35:41 PM »
Hi Dennis, sent you a PM.
ama 72090

Offline Tony Drago

• Commander
Re: Kits from Big Art’s Basement: Updated 26-April