News:

• April 28, 2024, 09:21:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eric Rule's first kit  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Eric Rule's first kit
« on: October 28, 2019, 08:38:50 PM »
This kit turned up in the estate that I have been handling for the executor.  It is a hand cut P40 Tiger profile with a 54" wingspan.  As you can see on the plan, it was signed by Eric as #1.  The Hobby Fastener (Now Known as RSM) website has never shown a P40 Tiger Profile with a 54" Wingspan.  That particular design always had a 46" wingspan.  I was confused so I called Eric today to find out what was going on.

He told me that this was the first kit he ever hand cut (before the days of Laser cutting) and it was a special request by someone that is have a 54" wingspan instead of a 46" Span.  In other words, there is not another one like it anywhere, it is a one of a kind. 

I asked Eric since was the first kit he hand cut and since it was the only one of its kind, if he wanted it back.  He said no … just offer for sale as there may be a collector who might like to have it.

I would say to all of you to make me an offer on it but the rules say we must put a price on it.  Soooo....I am going to put a price on it but you are welcome to make a reasonable offer if you wish.  The Proceeds will go to the widow of the estate.

I am going to put a price of $100.00 on it but considering the circumstances of the origin of the kit, it may be worth a whole lot more.  I will not put it on Ebay because I do not think they buyers there would have any idea of the significance of the kit.

I have a few pictures of the kit and I will show them below.

Thank you

Mike

Thank you
Mike

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Eric Rule's first kit
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 12:01:22 AM »
Are you selling one kit or two?  The plan says kit #1 but the box says kit #2.  Please clarify.

Paul W.

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Eric Rule's first kit
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 07:20:54 AM »
Paul, sent you a PM

Mike

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here