News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:49:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Don Hutchinson Plans  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Peter Kramar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Don Hutchinson Plans
« on: June 29, 2021, 08:38:43 AM »
Hi,
Does anyone know where I can purchase one of Don Hutchinson's warbird plans? I saw on the forum that Don was selling all of his plans as a set of files last year. I've been informed they're no longer available from him.

Thank You,

Peter Kramar

Offline Todd Chisum

• New Pilot
Re: Don Hutchinson Plans
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 02:22:45 PM »
I am also interested in purchasing Don’s plans.  Can anyone please provide any info?
Thank you,
Todd
Thanks,
Todd
AMA 23079

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 02:33:37 PM »
which plans are you looking for ?
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 05:07:32 PM »
I have just listed some of Don's plans in my Vendors Corner: https://stunthanger.com/smf/airclassix/don-s-profile-warbird-plans/

And I confess to being a real horse's you-know-what with regard to offering Don's plans.  Don gave me permission to sell his plans several years ago.  While waiting to get all of the info, I agreed to sell on consignment (for an estate) a huge collection of plastic airliner kits, decals, books and postcards.

That turned out to be a disaster - what were presented as "kits" were, in many cases, literally boxes of junk.  Oh well ...

Don will receive a royalty on the sale of each plan.  The plans Don drew might be considered "working plans" - in some cases not as "clean" as others - but the finished aircraft are awesome!

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 07:26:02 AM »
I have built and flown several planes from Don's plans.  Any body having trouble using them needs to study them.  The B-25 I had Dave Trible make the control system for me.  If I wasn't so old and had more room I would have gootten all of them. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 09:47:37 AM »

No one needs to be scared about building off of Don's plans. I've got almost all of them, all are excellent, very accurate, well detailed and explained. Better than most in my opinion.  y1
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022, 11:42:20 AM »
No one needs to be scared about building off of Don's plans. I've got almost all of them, all are excellent, very accurate, well detailed and explained. Better than most in my opinion.  y1

y1

I didn't make myself clear perhaps ...  Most of the plans are accompanied by 2 pages of Don's notes, and the plans themselves have great instructions and illustrations.  But when Don drew up the first few sets he had no expectation they would be widely copied, and what remained to be copied was not always real "clean" - see for example the second sheet of the SBD Dauntless set below.  It's my absolute favorite of the group!  And the plan is perfectly fine for building.
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2022, 08:59:28 AM »
I can help with plans for the rest of Don's Plans that Airclassix have not listed (or are not listing) ... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can also help with some Laser-cut rib sets for the following.

• Beechcraft Staggerwing
  • BT-13 (Vultee BT-13 Valiant)
  • SB2C Helldiver (Curtiss SB2C Helldiver)
  • P-38J Lightning (Lockheed P-38J Lightning)
  • SBD-Dauntless (SBD-5 Dauntless)

Laser-cut rib set prices to follow.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 09:25:50 AM by builditright »
Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here