News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:36:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Control Line Handle.  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Control Line Handle.
« on: December 15, 2021, 10:40:56 AM »
I never felt comfortable with this handle. I have another handle which I like so I'm passing this one on.

Brodak offers many handles which are similar in look and adjustment. Check them out!

33.00 plus exact shipping.

PM's please.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Control Line Handle.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 11:13:34 AM »
I never felt comfortable with this handle.
Charles
What is wrong with it?  I have had 2 and they are great.  Gieseke flew with that handle.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 01:04:24 PM »
What is wrong with it?  I have had 2 and they are great.  Gieseke flew with that handle.
 LL~Ken

Ken,

There's nothing wrong with it. I explained why I'm selling the handle.

I only have one handle which I use and it has no finger notches. I'm not comfortable with my fingers being told where to be.   LL~

Kidding actually. I don't like the fit in my hand. Still a nice handle.

Buy it you'll have three. Priced right also.

Charles
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Istvan Travnik

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 02:53:51 PM »
Dear Charles,
I completely understand you. I used to say: "the handle is a kind of an underwear" -being so close to the person.
I always learned all my colleagues did not take a rest, until the handle is not absolutely fit into the hand, and holding style.
Naturally, it is not equal, how he holds it. Either grabs with full fist, like hoe handle, or just "hanging" the handle on four fingers. (I prefer this, with the thumb on small stand, or in a groove.
The absolute solution made by a late friend, a dental technician: he simply grab into a piece of Dentacryl*... 
*Everybody should be familiar with this or similar material in pink: this is the basement of dental prothesis :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 04:36:33 PM by Istvan Travnik »

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 08:08:49 AM »
 I have one like that except it has a adjustment on one leg that can be tuned during flight to adjust level flight.
 The one i have was one of Big Jim’s handled.
  I think Gene Martine made them .    I liked this handle for setting  up a new plane and i would copy the settings over to a hard point
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 11:20:42 AM »
I liked this handle for setting  up a new plane and i would copy the settings over to a hard point
Ed
!!  y1 !!

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2021, 08:28:40 AM »
I have one like that except it has a adjustment on one leg that can be tuned during flight to adjust level flight.
  I think Gene Martine made them .    I liked this handle for setting  up a new plane and i would copy the settings over to a hard point
Ed

I have a hard point which I'm not all that fond of but i like it better than the one I'm selling.

The one I'm selling is adjustable, I just don't need two handles for the limited flying I do.

I would take a few dollars less, after all, I don't need it, plus, I have to purchase a motor, battery and other stuff for my TEXACO 13.

It all helps.

Charles

Charles
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 09:25:17 AM by Avaiojet »

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2021, 09:43:04 AM »
Ed
Is there a picture of this handle anywhere?  I have such limited flight time now days that I absolutely hate having to do several "set the handle" flights every time I change lines.  I too use a hardpoint for PA but your method of setting it up is great.

ken
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 01:15:39 PM by Ken Culbertson »
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2021, 12:25:43 PM »
If it doesn't sell you could make a new wooden part to fit your hand. I have two of those handles and they are probably the ultimate expression of an adjustable cable handle.

Motorman 8)
Picture if you have one?

ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2021, 12:45:27 PM »
If it doesn't sell you could make a new wooden part to fit your hand. I have two of those handles and they are probably the ultimate expression of an adjustable cable handle.

Motorman 8)

Motorman,

I actually thought about doing that, but it would ruin the handle.

It's a nice handle and deserves a good home.

Charles

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here