News:

• April 19, 2024, 06:40:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ARF to Indonesia?  (Read 837 times)

Offline Kafin Noe’man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
ARF to Indonesia?
« on: December 03, 2022, 07:02:07 AM »
Is anyone here selling an ARF and willing to ship it to Indonesia?
Looking forward to seeing 35-40 sizes planes.

Thank you!
INA 1630
I fly: Vector, Cardinal, XEBEC, and Banshee

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: ARF to Indonesia?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 07:46:05 AM »
The problem, Kafin, isn't necessarily there willingness to send to Indonesia, it is the box size!

Once a box is more than 36 inches USPS won't send it. Sorry, that isn't quite right. Up to 36 inches it is say, $65-$85US for shipping. Over 36" $250+.

I have a Strega ARC, but it is heavy! Delivery from Australia is about $95AUD, Say 1,000,000 Rupiah.

Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Kafin Noe’man

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 03:59:06 PM »
The problem, Kafin, isn't necessarily there willingness to send to Indonesia, it is the box size!

Once a box is more than 36 inches USPS won't send it. Sorry, that isn't quite right. Up to 36 inches it is say, $65-$85US for shipping. Over 36" $250+.

I have a Strega ARC, but it is heavy! Delivery from Australia is about $95AUD, Say 1,000,000 Rupiah.

Craig

Yeah, that’s exactly what prevented me getting Brodak P40, the box is too big for the ‘reasonable’ shipping cost to Indonesia. They said, it used to be up to 42 inches,which is the size of P40 box, for the US $85.
INA 1630
I fly: Vector, Cardinal, XEBEC, and Banshee

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 04:34:31 PM »
If you set yourself up with a FOAM CUTTER / Hot Wire Bow , you could stamp out straight wings by the dozen .

Cut the outer , skin & sand . Fire a hot rod through , refit templates and ' core ' out ! .

tooling uo gets you STRAIGHT reasonable price desposable  VD~ wings , and tailplanes , flaps , elevators etc .
Not to mention molds for decking .

Parently 3lb virgin foam is required . Im notta foam fan , BUT , its a cost effective walk in the park .
Typical U . S. 70s & 80s designs nearly all used these .

Can you get Estapol 7008 over there ? effictive finish ! .

====================================================================
A typical; foam set up , design . maybe .

They cant be to bad , all things considered .

Straight wings like Peacemakers & Orientals are easy - One Piece . If you get the set up right .
Or the wire pulls in & they go bowed inward . Hideous ones covered in cardboard get 20 / 22 Oz peacemakers .
Yin Yans find this a bit much .

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 04:39:54 PM »
Bout where youd start , something like . nuther ' Mr Foam Wing ' device . Bob Hunt .

Obviously , If Control Line is growing in Indonesia , you could make a ' Bob or Two ' if you put your mind to it .
The straightforwardness off building , with ready done stuff gets the troops fed and going .

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here