Classic Designs > Classic Planes

Who Invented the I-beam Technique?

(1/3) > >>

Ron King:
I have always loved the sexy stunters with I-beam wings and am now planning to build one this winter.

My first (and last) attempt did not go very well. I built the Ambroid Ares kit in 1964 and of course we used mostly Ambroid cement. The plane made a few flights off the ball fields in McClure Park (Tulsa), but the ribs did not stay attached to the I-beam, so I ended with a floppy, sloppy mess.  ~^ ~^  The plane got trashed when we moved to Maryland and I never built another.

Since I'm going to try again, I wondered who is credited with creating this building technique?

My assumptions are it was someone in the Detroit Strathmoor club (Roland McDonald?). Anyone know the answer?  ??? ???

Thanks,

Ron

Leester:
Bob Dailey is the one who conceived the I beam method. Get " How to build I Beam wings"DVD it'll explain everything.

Leester:
Almost forgot to say who puts it out.

Robin's View Productions, LLC
PO Box 68
Stockertown, Pa 18083

610-746-0106
robinhunt@rcn.com

Ron King:

--- Quote from: Leester on November 30, 2006, 12:14:45 PM ---Bob Dailey is the one who conceived the I beam method. Get " How to build I Beam wings"DVD it'll explain everything.

--- End quote ---

The Stupid Moderator already has the video and forgot.  HB~>

It got "put away" when we had the basement finished and I forgot where it was. Your message prompted me to check with the spousal unit and she found it.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.  n~ n~ n~

Thanks for reminding me. Now, who can volunteer to come over to my house and show me how to do this?  ~>

Ron

Alan Buck:
Ron I do know that I need to get that tape  to help build my first I-beamer  thanks guys  Alan Buck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version