Classic Designs > Classic Planes

What plane for Veco 19BB

(1/2) > >>

Harry Rountree:
I have a Veco 19 Ball Bearing and need a plane for it using 52 ft lines.  What I see at Brodak I think is too small or too Big. Am I just not seeing one. Little help please. I have a Akro and Flite Streak Jr with .15s the .19 seemed to heavy for the Acro so I put a OS 15 on it. Would the 19 fly the Full size Flite Streak profile? Im Just a Sunday flier cant turn worth a darn... Harry

Harry Rountree:
thanks  Ty Ill look into the Full Size FS. HR

C.T. Schaefer:
Another possibility is the Brodak Shark 402. It will handle the Veco very well.   Mine has an LA .25

Ara Dedekian:

Is your Akro a Sig Akromaster? I've been flying one for years with a Fox 19 plain bearing. I can fly  most pattern maneuvers with that combo on Spectra lines. I also had a full size Flight Streak with a McCoy 19 that worked well as a trainer/sport flyer. Your Veco should be a good match for either one.

Ara

MikeyPratt:
Ara,
The Veco 19 BB is a great engine, it has lots of power and easy to run.  Anything that a .25 will fly I can handle with ease.  Lightly build is the key on Sig Twister or Banshee are really fun to fly and very competitive.  I had one of the first Veco 19 BB and put that into a Green Box Nobler, I won a bunch of contests with it, the prop I used was a 10 X 4 Tornado wood Plasticoat prop.  There are many props around now days so finding the best prop shouldn’t be hard.

Later,
Mikey

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version